Author Topic: Message group size too small  (Read 16400 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Message group size too small
« Reply #15: October 09, 2017, 07:41:45 PM »
One Scenario, If you are in a True Democracy government and all the discussion (military and economic) are held realm-wide then you are open to spying (though one can argue that it doesn't exist in this game or in this small playerbase) but then with a huge Message Group you can include the whole realm and gate the newly created accounts (while still having him see the standing orders) for a time until you're convinced he can be brought to the message group.
Why keep newly-created accounts away from the activity? This is exactly what bores new players away from the game. You're shooting your realm, and the game, in the foot by doing this. There is no in-game character knowledge that is ever worth keeping players from participating in the game, particularly new ones who are checking it out. And may never return if they find it to be a dead quiet game where you merely click to travel to other regions.

If you're concerned about spying, it's usually from pre-existing accounts. If *anyone* is *ever* creating new accounts to spy on a realm, they are breaking the Social Contract as a multi, and will have all their accounts permanently locked. Please report any you suspect of such cheating, so that the Titans can investigate further and if necessary, take action. I find that while spying does occur, the fear of spying causes far more damage than the spying ever does. And again, spies are not new accounts.

I haven't logged into the forum in almost a month, but this most egregious example of preventing new players from being involved with the realm is what finally saw me bother to do so. Please, please, please reconsider this, whether you're doing this very thing, or it was a mere thought scenario.