Author Topic: Staying wounded needs to be tweaked it's too punishing  (Read 14860 times)

McTang

• Knight
    • View Profile
Agreed, great idea! What does quick-heal entail?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Agreed, great idea! What does quick-heal entail?

I'm also going to be modifying the process of healing from wounds for everyone, which has been in a bad state for a while (I've tried a few different methods that didn't work out well).

My current thought is to have it choose, based on some fancy randomness, how fast you're going to heal from this wound: fast, medium, slow, or get worse before you get better. There will be some variance in all of them (for instance, even in the medium condition, there will be some chance of getting a little worse early on), but they will, on average, follow trajectories that match their descriptions.

So "quick-heal" is basically "you heal up a decent amount every turn."
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Yea, I'm all for newbies getting freebies, but wounds as they are feel too harsh for everyone.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Yea, I'm all for newbies getting freebies, but wounds as they are feel too harsh for everyone.

Yeah; the last change I made was just not well-thought-through  :P

Sorry about that.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Blood for the Blood God!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anderfhstim

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
So wounds worsening more often is the product of your recent change?

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Lightly wounded. Wounded. Seriously wounded. Critically wounded......

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Yeah my infil got wounded as well and also turned to seriously wounded. Are all wounds now deteriorating suddenly?
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
So one dude FINALLY healed, the other just got wounded... was entering a region with only 1 monster unit seen incoming, and then paf, soloing 15k on my own. Didn't end well.

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
3 turns in a row now critically wounded.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
3 turns in a row now critically wounded.

My char also went from wounded to seriously wounded, then back to wounded (yeah) and now up to seriously wounded again. Critically wounded also tends to take a bit longer in general.

But the good news is that this was not intentional and that with all the bug fixes and changes something went wrong in terms of the wounding and Anaris is working on it. So we have to sit out the ride a while longer, but they got our back at least. A brighter future looms.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
To be clear:

The way wounding works currently was completely intentional. It was just also completely stupid.

Mea culpa; I'm working on the fix.
Timothy Collett

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Lol I know, just venting frustrations

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Seems I was wrong then. Anaris just enjoyed seeing half of the East Island being wounded in the same region  :o

Hehe, and well I'm waiting for my 2nd char to heal now so the third can get wounded.

Any ETA on the fix btw?

Anderfhstim

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I wonder why it was changed in the first place. Was it to make heroes die more likely? I mean to be honest, heroes just don't die often :D Maybe more dead heroes would be better. But then again, Hero class itself is pretty underwhelming despite putting your life on the line.