Author Topic: The War  (Read 103980 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: The War
« Reply #210: December 21, 2017, 01:28:04 PM »
Not only that, but said religion(s) encouraged internal debate/conflict and unity alike, rather than push away everyone who deviates from the norm in any way.
Indeed. Though it can be a fine line. With ESA, we had 'official' stances. But we also tolerated/turned-a-blind-eye/encouraged (depended upon the specific char, really) innovation/deviation (again, perspective of individual characters). I tried to avoid pushing people out for minor theological flavor differences for the very reason you mention in your next sentence. Meanwhile, SA took extremely hardline views about heretical beliefs, expelling characters. ESA may have opposed its heresy, but we tried to reform you, if there was any hope left for you, which there usually was. ;) Thus, we had sartanists, bloodmoon cultists, pyrists, and a few other flavors of ESA members.

As it goes, its much more fun to have little factions within a faith than to force a schism and see old (possibly new?) faith(s) weakened as a result.
Yes. Absolutely. Better to have one engaging, dynamic religion than two silent, stagnant religions.

Sorry if I'm tooting JV's horn, but the whole OS thing is a damn fine example of chaos within order, unity within strife. :) May it grow to SA proportions some day.
So I've gathered. Toot away! But do clean the horn's mouthpiece first before you give it back to JeVondair. We could use more such dynamic institutions within the game.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 01:35:17 PM by Vita »