Author Topic: The War  (Read 103941 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The War
« Reply #255: August 11, 2018, 08:54:24 PM »
Keep the propaganda in character. Vix never withheld troops and throughout my rule we tried multiple times to send money but no one in Highmarch would take the responsibility of receiving it.

The propaganda is when Mathias talks about the vixen troops going to Perdan instead of Highmarch. IC he's treat it as a form of treason and abandonment even if OOC I get it and considered it justified. But Vix *did* withhold troops. Evora was lost due to Zolan, upon taking command of the vixen troops freshly arriving in Akesh Temple, decided to withdraw the army for no reason, without letting anyone know. Maybe you didn't know. When we pressed about the issue, most vixens didn't seem to understand or know what was going on. Just because you didn't know, or more likely you don't remember, doesn't mean it didn't happen. And if you want to pass that off as an "accident", it was exactly when Zolan was openly talking about withholding resources to Highmarch.

As for funds, Mathias never rejected funds. "No one in Highmarch" is untrue. It was offered to Jaemes, allegedly, who later ditched Highmarch for Vix anyways, and who never told anyone he was offered gold, and offered no satisfactory explanation for refusing the gold. Actually, I think he did give an explanation that largely put into doubt Vix's allegation. Jarin was known to be inactive by all. Regardless, gold had almost always transited through Mathias. There was no reason to stop doing so, and especially no legitimate argument about Highmarch being at fault when Vix was the one who decided to screw the traditional channels and try new middle-men. Furthermore, the most you could argue is that you "offered", not that you "tried". There's no fail rate in transferring gold. You go to the capital, and you send it. Done done, easy peasy.

Vix didn't try to give money to Highmarch, what it did was screw the traditional channels and "offer" it to people not responsible for the army's funding, to then use the lack of answers as justification. Daedalus, Archibald, Eros... they had all given gold through Mathias.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron