Author Topic: The War  (Read 103598 times)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The War
« Reply #75: November 06, 2017, 02:23:43 PM »
There are also two distinct differences, what do you as a player see as morally accepted in terms of working within the game mechanics and what does your character view as acceptable. I can assure you that some in the south have been fighting Garas' more brutal ideas and plans, claiming it lacks honor. So that definately exists on a character level.

I have 0 problems with characters. However, it seems more with player's decisions. There is a difference when you know that the mechanics will punish you for being too big and instead of following the mechanics (imposed to make the game more fun for everyone), you decide to leave 4 rogue regions behind you to take Oligarch, for example. I have not seen characters justifying this... only players finding ways to dodge the changes made to make the game more dynamic.

Now on the matter of 1147 archers firing on a single unit, you can wonder how realistic it is, but it was an intentional game mechanic. If we want it more realistic we should add a feature request to allow some more complexity into the matter if that's at all possible code wise. And this does work two ways, as both sides can utilize the tactic. The big downside is however that the volunteer to take on the arrows is always wounded, if not killed.

I'm playing more for RP reasons than military ones, so I will not bother to fill a request. I just think that two sides using a crazy mechanic does no good to anyone.

EDIT: It's easy to make a character to follow some of your player's choices in face of different mechanics. I'm not a saint... I'am playing BM since 2006 and playing RPG's for a long time, being GM or Storytelller. When you see a winning opportunity, your character's morale is easily adjustable if the prize seems satisfactory to you. And that's not personal, I did not even know you had found out about the archers. It's more of a generic and impersonal complaint because I've been through this situation many times in RPGs.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 02:44:13 PM by Eduardo Almighty »
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!