Author Topic: The War  (Read 101951 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The War
« Reply #15: October 12, 2017, 03:41:53 AM »
I kind of agree with JV here. I believe stepping up the ladder is one of the great appeals of BM and the ladder is pretty big for that purpose. Someone at the bottom could of course shout to someone on top "Hey, let's duel!", but he should honestly expect response somewhere along the line of "Sure, come up here where I am, I'll wait."

I've seen like 4 duel challanges, out of which 3 became duels. Personally I barely ever got to employ some of my sick burns to turn down duel challanges, and I have lots of those (burns, not challanges).  :-X
Why duel when you can have infiltrator attack the target? :P

I think I need change Brock character a bit. He too good for my own taste. He should join some duel. To rest with the responsibility, let other have it ;D

Well, you say that...

He says so bc Selenia rejected both his and Sirion's offers "For the Honor of the Flag" to keep GX alive.

They were both slaps in the face.
What JeVondair say, Antonine. It is not easy to match the expectations and balance them together. Brock hate to bring the bad news. We want good news, don't we all?

Well I *might* be nursing a (new) idea

(new) bc someone else mentioned it months ago and I can't recall who or when...
Hear they going Dwilight ::)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: October 16, 2017, 09:21:41 AM »
Alright guys time to get back on topic, or if you want I can split the topic in two and create a new one for the duel discussion. To sum, actually battles with infantry have a chance to increase your swordfighting skill, it's just very slow, and in the past at least age did affect the decline of your skill (skill has a constant decline at the moment, all skills).

Now back on topic: Vix just created a new realm and signed peace with them, so the north has an 'extra' enemy so it seems and Caligus was the first to declare war.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Anderfhstim

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: October 16, 2017, 10:11:06 AM »
Alright guys time to get back on topic, or if you want I can split the topic in two and create a new one for the duel discussion. To sum, actually battles with infantry have a chance to increase your swordfighting skill, it's just very slow, and in the past at least age did affect the decline of your skill (skill has a constant decline at the moment, all skills).

Now back on topic: Vix just created a new realm and signed peace with them, so the north has an 'extra' enemy so it seems and Caligus was the first to declare war.

Only 10 people in it though.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 16, 2017, 02:51:41 PM »
Only 10 people in it though.

10 people for 4 regions. And we're expecting some immigrants imminently.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: October 25, 2017, 10:13:47 AM »
I have the feeling that with the switch of Bescanon that the war is pretty much settled now in favor of the north.

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: October 25, 2017, 10:51:02 AM »
Yeah, pretty silly though. Perdan-Vix alliance was like Nivemus-Eponllyn or Alara-Minas Nova. Noone would even think about it being anything other than unbreakable. But Perdan turned into zombie realm after Kellan left and zombie realms are unpredictable af. Everyone can just flip the chessboard.

Sad thing that it has to end due to players being bored/inactive rather than due to natural events and flow of the conflict.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: October 25, 2017, 11:28:33 AM »
Yup but these events change the war from being fun to being over in a heartbeat. My hope for EC is honestly fading entirely atm. I'm about 50/50 between pausing Garas or continuing. Fortunately he's wounded so I have sime thinking time.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: October 25, 2017, 05:45:56 PM »
Yup but these events change the war from being fun to being over in a heartbeat. My hope for EC is honestly fading entirely atm. I'm about 50/50 between pausing Garas or continuing. Fortunately he's wounded so I have sime thinking time.

Do you realize that only six months ago Greater Xavax was well and alive, Caligus was still a major empire, and Vix Tiramora was half of her size? Even then we were outnumbered by both nobles and regions. Look at where we are today. I don't understand how you can let one region and a few nobles switching allegiance effect your enjoyment of the game. There is no guaranteed victor from this current war from either side. BattleMaster is a game of more than just gold, nobles, military strength, and land. You need to pay attention to many other aspects of the game in order to be victorious in your battles, wars, and endeavors.

By recruiting more fresh players in Highmarch and Vix they will want to stay around because of characters like you who make the game more rich in content and unique personality. I encourage you to stay around for a while and don't look at the statistics of both sides. This game certainly does not always play in favor of the more powerful side.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: October 25, 2017, 06:02:37 PM »
Sorry, I may have gotten a bit highly dramatic here. Honestly I did kinda give up the hope that anyone remaining in the north will really change things, hence my hope on the Xavax at this point strangely enough.

For now I'll atleast stay, but I do hope the consequences of this are not too bad. Seems I have to put even more effort into my plans.

And for me BM is always also bit deciding which of my chars get my time. Quite enjoying Obia'Syela as well, but I can combine them if both remain fun.

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: October 25, 2017, 06:18:43 PM »
Don't worry I got this handled 8)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: October 25, 2017, 06:22:21 PM »
Don't worry I got this handled 8)
  :o
And where were you again on EC?

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: October 25, 2017, 08:25:00 PM »
Sirion doesn't give a damn to me anymore, but I will always return because of... well, f*ck them... I still want to write my RPs  ::)

I had good times in Vix, that'a a good realm. But I would need to start a new story and I kinda like to just continue my old one. As Doctor Strangelove teach us all: "How I Learn to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (Sirion)".
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: October 25, 2017, 09:23:03 PM »
Though of course this is more of an IC issue, I do really wonder when this conflict will wrap up. It's unfortunate for realms like Alara and Minas Nova, because they're really far away from any of the action, but given the number imbalance between north and south, having them just stop would make things too easy for the north. It's all Caligus' fault for getting involved with Xavax.

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: October 25, 2017, 09:48:01 PM »
It's all Caligus' fault for getting involved with Xavax after Perdan and Vix intervened in a 2 on 1 war and Fallangard had proven themselves useless.
FTFY

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: October 26, 2017, 12:36:13 AM »
A 2 on 1 war where the 1 realm has a +20 noble advantage on the other two realms combined isn't a thing that doesn't require intervention, and at its peak Xavax was giving the entirety of the south a really strong opponent.