Author Topic: The War  (Read 102123 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: The War
« Reply #30: October 26, 2017, 12:44:31 AM »
A 2 on 1 war where the 1 realm has a +20 noble advantage on the other two realms combined isn't a thing that doesn't require intervention, and at its peak Xavax was giving the entirety of the south a really strong opponent.

Because Dogpiling GX was the obvious and logical answer...yeah makes sense

Anyway, can someone tell me just what the heck happened just now? Why is the war over? I don't understand :-(
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: October 26, 2017, 01:16:05 AM »
War isn't over! It just got more interesting.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: October 26, 2017, 01:39:18 AM »
I have the feeling that with the switch of Bescanon that the war is pretty much settled now in favor of the north.
This switch around is having me headache on who is who, which is which >:(

Yeah, pretty silly though. Perdan-Vix alliance was like Nivemus-Eponllyn or Alara-Minas Nova. Noone would even think about it being anything other than unbreakable. But Perdan turned into zombie realm after Kellan left and zombie realms are unpredictable af. Everyone can just flip the chessboard.

Sad thing that it has to end due to players being bored/inactive rather than due to natural events and flow of the conflict.
I certainly have hope we can get back to that old days where we limited to 1 ally. However given current north versus south situation where everyone in the north(except OI of course) allied themselves together while the south do the same, it is too far a goal to achieve. At one point, my character was thinking of breaking alliance with Sirion, he has grudges against Sirion(for those who had battles in Sordidus should know his background). But Nivemus after Catherine left, was weaken significantly, half the army strength gone. Who is the insane one(Brock not mad like Mayhem) to do this.

I am thinking of having Brock goes out in glory. His time has been too long, maybe 1 reason why Nivemus stagnant even if we have the war or not.

Though of course this is more of an IC issue, I do really wonder when this conflict will wrap up. It's unfortunate for realms like Alara and Minas Nova, because they're really far away from any of the action, but given the number imbalance between north and south, having them just stop would make things too easy for the north. It's all Caligus' fault for getting involved with Xavax.
Things will not go well for Caligus. Stay tuned! :o :o
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: October 26, 2017, 02:26:47 AM »
I don't think I've ever seen a war with so many participants, or least not so many realms involved in the same battles.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: October 26, 2017, 08:23:10 AM »
Who is the insane one(Brock not mad like Mayhem) to do this.

Chamberlain family and I were. We saw where the Sirion dominance structure in the north was going to and what it end up doing. So we risked everything we had (hell Oligarch was making me 2200 gold a week in Sirion) to try and change it. You were among the chief players to stop it which led to the same mess we predicted years ago.Most of those willing to take the risk are now gone, they joined Oligarch or left out of frhstration. And with all due respect, you've had a thousand opportunities to do it and it's why I don't believe you or anyone in power in the north will change things. I understand it's difficult to risk your positions and stuff and that seems to be the peime motivation in Sirion as well. Keeping your realm unconquered at all costs.

And the war aint over, just gotten really weird. And yeah! Wound just got worse, seriously wounded right now.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: October 26, 2017, 03:29:55 PM »
The timing of all the changes is suuuuper suspect. Especially since some of the people who joined had a capital much further away then all of a sudden it's right at the front lines.

Now, not accusing people of actually doing that so they could, just that it seems that way.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: October 26, 2017, 04:35:56 PM »
Which changes exactly? I,m wounded so maybe I missed a development or 2?

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: October 26, 2017, 05:05:20 PM »
The timing of all the changes is suuuuper suspect. Especially since some of the people who joined had a capital much further away then all of a sudden it's right at the front lines.

Now, not accusing people of actually doing that so they could, just that it seems that way.

I presume you're referring to either the secession of Highmarch or the changing allegiance of Perdan duchy?

The former happened simply because Vix Tiramora physically couldn't expand any further due to realm size limit.

The latter happened because of players getting bored and only moved three or four characters into Highmarch.

So I don't know what you're talking about.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: October 26, 2017, 05:21:02 PM »
And if you're referring to the Eponllyn and Nivemus nobles suddenly joining Highnarch, those are Oligarchians.

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: October 26, 2017, 06:22:10 PM »
The formation of Highmarch was made due to a combination of people questioning why we had the territories in the north, and if Vix was destined to be some sort of super-conquering machine that would cover the continent, as well as the fact that all of the territorial gains drove the base tax line to like 5%. If our intention was to make it so we had a capital right on the front-lines, then the capital would definitely be in Akesh since it could hit everyone rather than Domus which is only 2 regions away from Vix's capital and tucked deeper in.

The Perdan situation was a wild-card Duke who wanted to reform Perdan, but chose to transfer the duchy to remove Perdan city from being the realm's capital so he can secede later and make new-perdania or something, but that's being handled ICly, but its clear from all the chaos going on with region transfers that this wasn't some elaborate plot to game the system.

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: October 26, 2017, 06:25:20 PM »
Seriously wounded, wounded, serious, wounded, now serious. Ugh.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #41: October 26, 2017, 07:10:54 PM »
Thanks for the concise update. At least no one can blame me for this!

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: October 26, 2017, 08:08:04 PM »
Thanks for the concise update. At least no one can blame me for this!

Well actually...if you hadn't played so aggressively people wouldn't have killed Xavax and then the Xavax wouldn't have gone to Sirion and then we wouldn't have this mess. So it's all your fault  :o

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #43: October 26, 2017, 09:25:18 PM »
Well actually...if you hadn't played so aggressively people wouldn't have killed Xavax and then the Xavax wouldn't have gone to Sirion and then we wouldn't have this mess. So it's all your fault  :o

Barrett

• Knight
  • Barrett Motto: The Fox is Cunning!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: October 26, 2017, 10:39:43 PM »
Ah it's okay. Considering how all for it Caligus was when screwing over Vix Tiramora. I'm sure this situation would of erupted eventually!
Conrad: The Duke (Perleone) Angela: The Prophet (Bara'Khur)
Wallace: The Assassin (Luria Ferrata) Martin (Aren)