Author Topic: The War  (Read 103167 times)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
Re: The War
« Reply #165: December 15, 2017, 06:48:04 AM »
Quote from: Ketchum
Back when Brock was a General, he found it difficult leading Nivemus fighting against Perdan especially their PMW which are considered elite units. However Ryu eventually found a solution for a good allied defense of Nivemus lands and Sirion lands, which led us down the path of pushing Perdan back till Duchy of Perdan. If I have to recognize a good General and even a good Commander of all allied armies, I will put Ryu name down first.

I'm sure he'll enjoy hearing that.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #166: December 15, 2017, 07:25:39 AM »
Back when Brock was a General, he found it difficult leading Nivemus fighting against Perdan especially their PMW which are considered elite units. However Ryu eventually found a solution for a good allied defense of Nivemus lands and Sirion lands, which led us down the path of pushing Perdan back till Duchy of Perdan. If I have to recognize a good General and even a good Commander of all allied armies, I will put Ryu name down first.

Which war was that? I've never seen Ryu in action because he left pretty much the moment Perdan invaded and Westmoor took Krimml from Sirion.

I did see the player in action (Austin Moore) against me, but in opposite realms and though I love the player, I wasn't wowed by his militaty that much. Could be that he didn't have enough time etc.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #167: December 15, 2017, 11:36:48 AM »
Why do you think Ryu is Moore? You can just check the two existed at the same time in Sirion. Moore is our good and old General Boom Boom before the name change was a thing. Ryu arrived in Sirion when I was Margrave of Trinbar (the only Marquis at that time already calling himself Margrave  8) ). We were facing the almost the entire continent and defending ourselves pretty well in Trinbar (which made much of Erik's initial fame). With his arrival, we began to leave the defensive and act on the offensive. He envisioned the Red Dragons and Ecthelion stole the idea and founded the army by himself and it lasted until I was able to steal the RD for myself AND found the Silver Legion in place of the Glinmar Light Riders. I believe everyone in EC knows the rest: Fontan, Sultanate and Westmoor... rest in peace.

When Erik became PM, he called Ryu back and he returned for a while. It was the second attempt of the second great war that Atanamir tried to impose until he was banned from the game. That lasted only a month or two. I earned my Royal title and since then, immune to any Judge, Erik's gave his final step into megalomania.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #168: December 15, 2017, 11:45:27 AM »
Oh really, so he was another old General. I assumed he was Ryu, my bad in that case. Sorry for that #ainteditingathing

I'm confused atm, how many great wars have there been? I helped found the Sultanate but left a few weeks after we took Oroya from OR.

I was there when Atanamir was removed, but not sure if that was this account or the previous one. This account started like 1-2 months before Perdan/Westmoor and friends invaded Sirion and Ryu left. I'm guessing Ketchum is talking about the great war before that one?

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #169: December 15, 2017, 11:59:45 AM »
In my account, just one great war and it was the first when Fontan destroyed OR , created the Sultanate and so on. The other, Atanamir's one, I wouldn't call a great war.

If there's another one, it's before my time and was among the various Sirions (west and east Sirion), the war with Oligarch and Avamar (the Balck Hand). But, as I said, it's before my time and I don't know much about it, just that it was fought by people with silly names like Circle, Doc, etc. I arrived in Sirion with my first char during the invasion of Khalmar Islands and the great federation peace among Sirion/OR/Fontan.
Serpentis again!

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #170: December 15, 2017, 04:05:14 PM »
Well that was certainly a great war. Fontan was insane with letters back then.

But you do not consider the current war, or the last one where everyone (except Caligus) fought on either side as great wars?

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #171: December 15, 2017, 05:45:25 PM »
In my view, there was only one true Great War, the war that ravaged (roughly) between Sirion/Fontan and Perdan/Oligarch/Avamar. The war waged for years (it was going a year or two before I joined in 2005, I think, and went until...2007? the end of 2006?). While there were some core realms that were consistent (Perdan and Sirion), other reams switched sides, rebellions were fought over who the realm would fight and not fight, civil wars/secessions raged over the same. South EC of Yssaria, Ibladesh, and Itorunt had different interests than those up north, but the war consumed them as part of the epic contest. The war affected every corner of EC and EC was defined by the war; EC was known as the best continent to jump into a war. It was thought it would never end. And then it did, EC got stuck in eternal peace, and Tom had to threaten to lightning bolt all the rulers to get the island moving again.

But I've noticed a tendency amongst BM players of labelling almost every war since then, and even during then on other continents, as 'the Great War'. I have long found it quite uncreative, but I've also come to realize that doing such is a simple way of glorifying one's own BM achievements by calling one's war great. My contention is not that there have not been wars that have been great, epic, or fun, but that if we call every war the Great War, all the wars lose their 'greatness', ie, 'so its as great as the other dozen great wars?', losing the meaning of being truly great.

And there's my schpeal on Great Wars apparently.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #172: December 15, 2017, 06:09:04 PM »
Well, I arrived in BM in 2006 and Fontan started the war against OR/Sirion in 2007, I think. And yes, we call it the great war because that was our perspective at the time and that of many new players (we had a summit of characters this time, in Sirion, at least). As the old people never claimed to have fought a great war before, or we never cared, we took the name. For me, in particular, this was the conflict that made Erik shine. So, from his perspective and his triumphs, that was the biggest of them all. For the next wars, at least Erik's descendants call it the War of the Traitors, or something like this.

But you do not consider the current war, or the last one where everyone (except Caligus) fought on either side as great wars?

As player? Maybe. If you ask my chars, just Sirion call it the Great War... because they won. I do not think they want to compare the destruction of Fontan/Westmoor/Sultanate with a war lead by traitors like Giselle and Garas... and consequently, those that came later because of this.
Serpentis again!

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #173: December 15, 2017, 07:32:56 PM »
In my view, there was only one true Great War, the war that ravaged (roughly) between Sirion/Fontan and Perdan/Oligarch/Avamar. The war waged for years (it was going a year or two before I joined in 2005, I think, and went until...2007? the end of 2006?). While there were some core realms that were consistent (Perdan and Sirion), other reams switched sides, rebellions were fought over who the realm would fight and not fight, civil wars/secessions raged over the same. South EC of Yssaria, Ibladesh, and Itorunt had different interests than those up north, but the war consumed them as part of the epic contest. The war affected every corner of EC and EC was defined by the war; EC was known as the best continent to jump into a war. It was thought it would never end. And then it did, EC got stuck in eternal peace, and Tom had to threaten to lightning bolt all the rulers to get the island moving again.

But I've noticed a tendency amongst BM players of labelling almost every war since then, and even during then on other continents, as 'the Great War'. I have long found it quite uncreative, but I've also come to realize that doing such is a simple way of glorifying one's own BM achievements by calling one's war great. My contention is not that there have not been wars that have been great, epic, or fun, but that if we call every war the Great War, all the wars lose their 'greatness', ie, 'so its as great as the other dozen great wars?', losing the meaning of being truly great.

And there's my schpeal on Great Wars apparently.

Fontan, Sultanate of Asena, Westmoor, Perdan and Obsidian Island vs Sirion (Old Rancagua, Caligus and Nivemus for short period). This war destroyed 4 realms (Old Rancagua, Fontan, Sultanate of Asena and Westmoor) ,created another (Nivemus) and re located another (Eponlly). It took like 5 years in real life with moments of higher activity than others and it had all the condiments to be called a Great War. I believe that only a player that did not participated could say this was not one of the most important and significative wars in the East Continent.
“A leader leads by example, not by force” .- Sun Tzu

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #174: December 15, 2017, 08:30:21 PM »
I think you've confused several wars all at once. SoA was not created at the end of the Great War I was discussing. Nor were SoA and OR around when Eponllyn was around. If you were talking about the same Great War I was, Rancagua was also killed (amongst a long list of other realms killed throughout that war). There was also no five-OOC-year war in recent EC history. The war that saw Westmoor killed and Eponllyn relocated was only about half an OOC year in length. It's been a few years, but I think Fontan was killed in its own war, separately from Old Rancagua. As a participant in several of the wars you grouped together, they were indeed very fun and significant in the development towards what EC is now.

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #175: December 15, 2017, 09:08:53 PM »
I think you've confused several wars all at once. SoA was not created at the end of the Great War I was discussing. Nor were SoA and OR around when Eponllyn was around. If you were talking about the same Great War I was, Rancagua was also killed (amongst a long list of other realms killed throughout that war). There was also no five-OOC-year war in recent EC history. The war that saw Westmoor killed and Eponllyn relocated was only about half an OOC year in length. It's been a few years, but I think Fontan was killed in its own war, separately from Old Rancagua. As a participant in several of the wars you grouped together, they were indeed very fun and significant in the development towards what EC is now.

Lol im not confused. It was all part of the same war. Fontan created the SoA in Kazakh and wiped Old Rancagua. The rancaguan refugees fled to Sirion. Then Fontan and SoA war Sirion. Then Fontan sealed a pact with Westmoor and they invented some kind of story about Sirion kidnapping their king so they joined the war. With the 3 realms, they had Sirion only defending. Then Perdan and OI joined the other 3 realms. After a couple of big losses in Sermbar, Dobromir had Caligus join with Sirion and that put Perdan away. Sirion started to advance and broke Fontan. After destroying Fontan, Sirion head north and attacked SoA. OI seized the opportunity and switched sides to join Sirion. After SoA was destroyed, Nivemus was formed. There was a very small frame of time of peace until Perdan came back with Westmoor attacking the former Fontanesse lands (at that time in Sirions hands) with Atanamir as General. That small lapse took a few months and it ended up with the destruction of Westmoor and establishment of Eponyll on their place.

All those events, are linked and connected, and part of the same war. It took place from 2007 until 2014 but (if not mistaken) Old Rancagua fell around 2009 so what we can call as Great War took like 5 years.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #176: December 15, 2017, 09:11:35 PM »
Yeah, that's my war.  8)
Serpentis again!

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #177: December 16, 2017, 12:04:00 AM »
Lol this is funny...both my accounts were in that war then  :o

First account was one of the founders of SoA (included 2 dutchmen and still we didn't see the abbreviation mess up till it was too late...) and new accounted started at thd beginning of the athermath in which we (Sirion this time around) destroyed Westmoor.

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #178: December 16, 2017, 12:06:15 AM »
Lol this is funny...both my accounts were in that war then  :o

First account was one of the founders of SoA (included 2 dutchmen and still we didn't see the abbreviation mess up till it was too late...) and new accounted started at thd beginning of the athermath in which we (Sirion this time around) destroyed Westmoor.

So you were a vassal of Kalkandellen.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #179: December 16, 2017, 02:10:04 AM »
Heh. I was the general of Sirion who destroyed SoA. Was a good opportunity to build a name as Zakilevo. Blundered my first siege battle greatly. OI did nothing except send like 2k. At least they didn't stop Sirion from destroying SoA. Westmoor attacked Fontan out of greed while Sirion was finishing SoA. Went south to smash Westmoor and kept Fontan alive but Fontan died few months later and was absorbed by Sirion. By then Zakilevo was PM of Sirion. Took a month break due to some family matter then came back to take the rulership from Erik Eyolf who did nothing during the month I was away. People were pissed that Sirion's armies were moving back and forward between 2 regions chasing after Westmoor's army for 2 weeks. Webin was still the general but Zakilevo took all the power away from him and directly controlled the armies to attack Westmoor's regions directly. Westmoor was forced to meet Sirion's armies on the field and got smashed. They surrendered and decided to give Oligarch back when the lord of the city seceded to form Fane which took 2 siege attempts to bring it down. Wanted to help Caligus and southern realms but the council turned it down because they wanted peace. The war ended up getting most of southern realms severely weakened because Sirion bailed. I think this was the time Perdan reduced Caligus into a single duchy realm while carving out Perleone out of Eponllyn. Retired Zakilevo when the friction between Zakilevo and the council got pretty bad where the average players supported Zakilevo while dukes opposed. I guess I could have kept playing Zakilevo but I was pretty burned out by then. I think Ecthelion took over after?