Author Topic: The War  (Read 101879 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: The War
« Reply #180: December 16, 2017, 03:16:50 AM »
And yet, Sirion's history on wiki has not one war, but several distinct wars. And I'm sure I could probably dig up various surrender terms and peace treaties from those various wars, if I kept looking. And from my perspective playing outside Sirion in several of those wars, other realms viewed them as distinct wars with separate peace and surrender terms. In fact, Eponllyn history very clearly fought several separate wars with Perdan (from their founding until the end of your proposed timeline), with periods of peace in-between. By your telling, Westmoor was founded (it existed after SoA did) and destroyed in one long war that raged from 2008 until 2015. And yet, I'm certain I could also find several forum posts about people being bored on EC for lack of peace throughout those years.

Yes, the wars were connected, but only in the same way that WW2 was connected to WW2, yet without being the same war.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #181: December 16, 2017, 03:39:44 AM »
There was somewhat of a long peace period between Westmoor's loss of Oligarch and their eventual destruction. By the time I quit, the southern realms were failing miserably against Perdan. Eponllyn led by Indirik was blaming Armonia for not coordinating with Caligus and Eponllyn while Armonia was blaming Eponllyn for not listening to what they agreed on. When Caligus started to lose badly, their southern duchy broke off and formed Fallangard which weakened Caligus even more.

So from the end of this first great war in many years, Perdan emerged victorious in the south while Sirion finally took Oligarch from Westmoor, weakening Westmoor significantly.

The later great war started when the ice started to kick people out of south. Armonia which lost most of its lands to ice lost what little left of their lands to Fallangard and was destroyed while Eponllyn packed their !@#$ and went north joining Sirion. When they got Oligarch, Perdan objected and declared war.

I actually happened to be on the both sides back then. One character in Westmoor while the other in Eponllyn. Spent my days insulting both of my characters.... sad stuff.

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #182: December 16, 2017, 03:54:06 AM »
And yet, Sirion's history on wiki has not one war, but several distinct wars. And I'm sure I could probably dig up various surrender terms and peace treaties from those various wars, if I kept looking. And from my perspective playing outside Sirion in several of those wars, other realms viewed them as distinct wars with separate peace and surrender terms. In fact, Eponllyn history very clearly fought several separate wars with Perdan (from their founding until the end of your proposed timeline), with periods of peace in-between. By your telling, Westmoor was founded (it existed after SoA did) and destroyed in one long war that raged from 2008 until 2015. And yet, I'm certain I could also find several forum posts about people being bored on EC for lack of peace throughout those years.

Yes, the wars were connected, but only in the same way that WW2 was connected to WW2, yet without being the same war.

So, if its not in the wiki, it did not happened? Lol, Sirion's wiki does not even say half of what happened.
“A leader leads by example, not by force” .- Sun Tzu

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #183: December 16, 2017, 04:55:27 AM »
I updated what happened during my time but Ecthelion did not. I doubt Ivo did it either.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #184: December 16, 2017, 09:24:54 AM »
So you were a vassal of Kalkandellen.

More partner than vassal, but yeah. I became the first Duke  + Lord of Kazakh and did virtually all of the arguing in the Senate as well as spokeperson (that's why Garas is part Dubhaine hehe). Good times, massive uproar in Fontan's Assembly when the plans leaked.

@Lapallanch sonyou destroyed SoA, damn you!  :D
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #185: December 16, 2017, 11:01:04 AM »
More partner than vassal, but yeah. I became the first Duke  + Lord of Kazakh and did virtually all of the arguing in the Senate as well as spokeperson (that's why Garas is part Dubhaine hehe). Good times, massive uproar in Fontan's Assembly when the plans leaked.

@Lapallanch sonyou destroyed SoA, damn you!  :D

Indeed. Miriam never forgave me for that XD. Took years to isolate SoA. All I did was finish them off by taking all their cities. Nothing special.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #186: December 16, 2017, 01:12:34 PM »
Yep, Erik did nothing... lol. He just put Atanamir and Perdan out of the fight so Sirion can fight Westmoor alone.

But about Erik and Zakilevo, the best was when he tried to separate the Duchies...
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #187: December 16, 2017, 01:46:39 PM »
I updated what happened during my time but Ecthelion did not. I doubt Ivo did it either.

The major part of the war took part between 2008 until we took Fontan city and handeled to Dobromir pretty much ending Fontan and thus SoA. Theres pretty much nothing written there.

Eduardo must remember when i asked Erik to buy Negev. He was mad to use his family gold. That allowed us to start the takeover of Fontan city.
“A leader leads by example, not by force” .- Sun Tzu

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #188: December 16, 2017, 05:43:29 PM »
...He just put Atanamir and Perdan out of the fight so Sirion can fight Westmoor alone.
While I absolutely do not deny Sirion provided the bulk of military power, and the war could've never been won without them, Sirion was never alone in putting Atanamir and Perdan out of the fight, or fighting Westmoor. Furthermore, Perdan wasn't out of the fight before Westmoor. We killed Westmoor (begrudgingly, offering them to please stop their foolish war against us, to no avail), and then fought Perdan to a surrender (which they then proceeded to violate sometime later).

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #189: December 16, 2017, 10:57:34 PM »
While I absolutely do not deny Sirion provided the bulk of military power, and the war could've never been won without them, Sirion was never alone in putting Atanamir and Perdan out of the fight, or fighting Westmoor. Furthermore, Perdan wasn't out of the fight before Westmoor. We killed Westmoor (begrudgingly, offering them to please stop their foolish war against us, to no avail), and then fought Perdan to a surrender (which they then proceeded to violate sometime later).

You are getting confused. He is talking about the time when he was the PM. This is before the creation of Perleone when Eponllyn still had lands in south....

Only reason why Perdan stopped fighting Sirion back then was not because Erik took them out of the war. It was because Perdan was busy fighting Armonia, Caligus and Eponllyn all at once. Erik actually became unpopular because he was getting too friendly with Atanamir and even signed a peace treaty which people were unhappy about. And of course I won the following election by criticizing Erik heavily on his 'achievement' which worked (Zakilevo got 100 votes while Erik got 46).

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #190: December 16, 2017, 10:59:12 PM »
I just realized Ivo is no longer Sirion's PM. Did he not run or did he lose to Thomas?

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #191: December 17, 2017, 02:55:34 AM »
Ivo decided not to seek re-election.  He'd already stayed in office a lot longer than he wanted. Thomas then won the election.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #192: December 17, 2017, 02:59:32 AM »
It was because Perdan was busy fighting Armonia, Caligus and Eponllyn all at once.
Oh. That war. To be fair, Eponllyn did most of the fighting in that war against Perdan. And by fighting, I largely mean being slaughtered, raped, and starved into surrender of half the realm (Ibladesh and Al Arab) after the allies Armonia and Caligus encouraged Eponllyn into the war by offering their support, fought a couple battles with Perdan, and then surrendered to Perdan, without a word to their ally Eponllyn, with barely any loss of land to Perdan on their part. Worthless allies. I do also recall Sirion whooping Westmoor and Westmoorian colonists joining Perdan's Perleone puppet.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #193: December 17, 2017, 01:18:03 PM »
Atanamir was attacking Nivemus and looting northern Sirion. Of course, he tried to bite too much and I took advantage.

Erik then won royal title and at the time it was all I needed to avoid stupid Judges trying to banish him while he stayed with Avamar, Krimml, Oligarch... if you ask me, that was much better than be PM, a title I wanted just because of immunity. With that I had a word on how to divide the new duchies without bow to Zakilevo and another old farts in the Council.

Win/win. Let the war to the Generals and took the fame worked very well for him. Never cared with tatics, formations and strategy... my strategy was political, appointing right people for the right positions and supporting good Generals. It worked for a long time, but I like character progression and it was normal to turn him in a 'villain' in the end of his life, after deal with so much power. If you compare the old Erik to the young Judge/Cavalier, that's quite a visible change.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194: December 19, 2017, 12:32:41 AM »
...This is extremely entertaining to watch, by the way.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)