Author Topic: The War  (Read 102056 times)

Anderfhstim

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The War
« Reply #195: December 19, 2017, 01:19:17 AM »
What is the requirement of becoming a royal? And what does it do?

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #196: December 19, 2017, 02:17:19 AM »
Becoming a ruler. If you step down after not ruling long enough (about 3 months, I think), you lose royalty. If you leave the realm or island, you lose royalty.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #197: December 19, 2017, 02:37:04 AM »
Atanamir was attacking Nivemus and looting northern Sirion. Of course, he tried to bite too much and I took advantage.

Erik then won royal title and at the time it was all I needed to avoid stupid Judges trying to banish him while he stayed with Avamar, Krimml, Oligarch... if you ask me, that was much better than be PM, a title I wanted just because of immunity. With that I had a word on how to divide the new duchies without bow to Zakilevo and another old farts in the Council.

Win/win. Let the war to the Generals and took the fame worked very well for him. Never cared with tatics, formations and strategy... my strategy was political, appointing right people for the right positions and supporting good Generals. It worked for a long time, but I like character progression and it was normal to turn him in a 'villain' in the end of his life, after deal with so much power. If you compare the old Erik to the young Judge/Cavalier, that's quite a visible change.

Uhh no. Erik didn't keep his royal status. He never was a royal duke except the time he was on the throne which was about a month. You need to be a ruler long enough to unlock the last ruler fame point I believe. So yeah Erik's plan failed. Should have ruled better XD

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #198: December 19, 2017, 08:50:23 AM »
I missed the part about 'what does royalty do'. Royalty prevents the judge from banning you. Also, a title at the end of your messages.

EDIT:
  • Also, for the shortened title in game-generated texts (Title Name) where only your most important title is used, Royal of RealmName will be used for non-rulers, rather than any other titles they hold.
  • If a royal is tortured or executed, the judge loses more prestige and honour than usual.
  • Dukes can swear allegiance to royals at tournaments.
  • Dukes can swear allegiance to royals whose characters are visiting their duchy.
  • Dukes can swear allegiance to royals if they're both within the same region.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 09:04:39 AM by Vita »

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #199: December 19, 2017, 11:31:40 AM »
Erik didn't keep his royal status.

I'm pretty sure he did. Never cared with the fame points. I had another rulers in the family.

So yeah Erik's plan failed. Should have ruled better

It worked exactly as he wanted and in the time he wanted, rearranging the regions the way he tought most appropriate. The fact that people changed it after he was deleted no longer concerns me. Also, at that time Erik was courting the idea of becoming King himself, so ruling Sirion "well" was never the priority. As I said, his role was to secure the position of the right people. Compare the power he had to the power of a PM... many of you were PM, how many of you have had 3 cities and 7 regions, plus Trinbar and its gold!? That's what I thought XD
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 11:34:38 AM by Eduardo Almighty »
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200: December 19, 2017, 11:33:39 AM »
Jeeze, did he bathe in gold?!
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #201: December 19, 2017, 11:35:00 AM »
He did, lol.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #202: December 20, 2017, 01:02:10 AM »
my 2 cents

If it's not called some version of the Xavax Wars or the Southern War, then we should just call it the War of Many Names and have done with it.

Anyway, when is Calivax getting founded?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #203: December 20, 2017, 01:29:57 AM »
I'm pretty sure he did. Never cared with the fame points. I had another rulers in the family.

He did while he was the PM. But the moment he lost the election, he lost it. Reread what I said. You misunderstood what I said. I did not mean you need the fame points. What I meant was you need to stay on the throne that long (according to Vita about 90 days) to be able to KEEP your royal status. If you lose the ruler title before that it doesn't stay permanently. It disappears the moment you lose the ruler status. That is why you need to stay on the throne for 3 months.

Erik should probably never have run for the position to be honest. I felt he actually lost some popularity from his non-core supporters after what he did as the PM. When I came back after a month, people were sending private messages on how bad Sirion had become during my absence. People hated two things the most. Webin as the general because he was just horrendously bad and Erik as the PM for signing the peace treaty to ditch allies. Then again thanks to Erik's blunder, Zakilevo could be re-elected right away despite the council being really not happy with him.

But it was good that you only was the PM for a month. Otherwise you would be hating Sirion as much as I do. I think only Gabanus hates it as much as I do.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #204: December 20, 2017, 02:31:59 AM »
He did while he was the PM. But the moment he lost the election, he lost it. Reread what I said. You misunderstood what I said. I did not mean you need the fame points. What I meant was you need to stay on the throne that long (according to Vita about 90 days) to be able to KEEP your royal status. If you lose the ruler title before that it doesn't stay permanently. It disappears the moment you lose the ruler status. That is why you need to stay on the throne for 3 months.

Erik should probably never have run for the position to be honest. I felt he actually lost some popularity from his non-core supporters after what he did as the PM. When I came back after a month, people were sending private messages on how bad Sirion had become during my absence. People hated two things the most. Webin as the general because he was just horrendously bad and Erik as the PM for signing the peace treaty to ditch allies. Then again thanks to Erik's blunder, Zakilevo could be re-elected right away despite the council being really not happy with him.

But it was good that you only was the PM for a month. Otherwise you would be hating Sirion as much as I do. I think only Gabanus hates it as much as I do.

I'm not sure it's 90 days. Might be 90 days if you step down. I think a month is enough if you are defeated by elections. I vaguely recall it having a bunch of arcane nuances, but in some situations not being all that hard to get at all.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anderfhstim

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #205: December 20, 2017, 02:53:10 AM »
Becoming a ruler. If you step down after not ruling long enough (about 3 months, I think), you lose royalty. If you leave the realm or island, you lose royalty.
Quote from: Chenier
I'm not sure it's 90 days. Might be 90 days if you step down. I think a month is enough if you are defeated by elections. I vaguely recall it having a bunch of arcane nuances, but in some situations not being all that hard to get at all.

So who is right?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #206: December 20, 2017, 02:55:02 AM »
So who is right?

Note:

1) "I think", he's not sure (to be fair, neither am I).
2) keyword "step down". I do think I remember it being longer if you step down on your own than if you are beaten in elections (which includes if you don't run).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #207: December 20, 2017, 03:17:33 AM »
Indeed, I was not sure about the *exact* timelength, but I suspected it was 3 months/90-100(third ruler famepoint) days. Step down is critical. I don't believe you lose royalty for losing an election, only for actively abdicating the throne.

For future reference upon disagreements about game mechanics, Anaris or I am most likely to be correct, generally speaking. We are not infallible, after all. Wimpie, Antonine, or anyone else with developer access to code, is also more likely to be correct than those without access.

Now, I'm going to go look up the specific answers within the code:
  • You may lose royalty for stepping down and also for being protested out of office.
  • You need to hold the throne for at least 60 days.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #208: December 20, 2017, 03:22:47 AM »
Indeed, I was not sure about the *exact* timelength, but I suspected it was 3 months/90-100(third ruler famepoint) days. Step down is critical. I don't believe you lose royalty for losing an election, only for actively abdicating the throne.

For future reference upon disagreements about game mechanics, Anaris or I am most likely to be correct, generally speaking. We are not infallible, after all. Wimpie, Antonine, or anyone else with developer access to code, is also more likely to be correct than those without access.

• You may lose royalty for stepping down and also for being protested out of office.

You the man.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #209: December 20, 2017, 06:50:19 AM »
Well that was certainly a great war. Fontan was insane with letters back then.

But you do not consider the current war, or the last one where everyone (except Caligus) fought on either side as great wars?
As Vita say in one of his posts, I guess we each have our own realm definition of great war. For Nivemus armies that largely untested during Sirion-Fontan war, it was Perdan march to the north, which grown from Perdan-Nivemus war to Perdan/Obsidian Islands/Westmoor against Sirion/Nivemus/Eponllyn war.

The major part of the war took part between 2008 until we took Fontan city and handeled to Dobromir pretty much ending Fontan and thus SoA. Theres pretty much nothing written there.
Yeah, I remember Zadek and someone Fontan PM who asked for Dobromir who is Caligus King to give us Fontan city, since Fontan cannot live without its namesake city. Do not know what cause Dobromir to be angry with Fontan PM though, maybe some Fontan PM tongues not that diplomatic or Dobromir likes the city so much to give it up.

I like the war between Fontan and Sirion. This is where Brock built up his finance profile, as Fontan Banker, he supplied much of Fontan army and kept the nobles fund requests fulfilled. He was known as best finance manager there, a reputation that he later took when he was forced to join Nivemus as Fontan fall.

It worked exactly as he wanted and in the time he wanted, rearranging the regions the way he tought most appropriate. The fact that people changed it after he was deleted no longer concerns me. Also, at that time Erik was courting the idea of becoming King himself, so ruling Sirion "well" was never the priority. As I said, his role was to secure the position of the right people. Compare the power he had to the power of a PM... many of you were PM, how many of you have had 3 cities and 7 regions, plus Trinbar and its gold!? That's what I thought XD
My character Brock is no PM, but he is King. And he rules 4 cities and definitely more than 7 regions.

I am thinking of a significant finale for Brock. With Garas insulting him in front of many realms nobles, it looks like a good chance.

Thank you Vita again :)

Then I guess my character on Colonies island who maintain his Royal status even after he stepped down as Oritolon Ruler, he must have meet the requirements to remain Royal. "May" meaning here refer to may or may not.

I think Chenier could be right after all about 90 days and Vita about not being protested out of office requirements.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)