Author Topic: The War  (Read 102127 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The War
« Reply #270: August 13, 2018, 01:33:49 AM »
Evora would have been lost anyway, it was just a matter of time as it's easier to reach from the North than from the South.

The North has organised its offensives well for several months whilst the South has been bickering amongst itself and alienated the peasantry too much to have stable control along the front lines. An alliance divided loses its ability to respond effectively.

Well, yea, that's what I said. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
« Reply #271: August 13, 2018, 01:45:08 PM »
Really interesting thread.

Thanks for all the history lessons.
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #272: August 13, 2018, 03:54:09 PM »
El Norte Unido Jamás Será Vencido!  8)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #273: August 13, 2018, 10:23:45 PM »
El Norte Unido Jamás Será Vencido!  8)

Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #274: August 14, 2018, 02:49:32 AM »
The worst thing that made it impossible for the South to advance and take over Northern realms wasn't the Northern army BTW.

It was the peasant armies that showed up in hateful regions that wiped out any small force we sent anywhere.  And needing to organize a 10k army to "raid" enemy regions or hold conquered regions is an exercise in futility.

That is what stalled the Southern offensive.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #275: August 14, 2018, 02:54:07 AM »
The worst thing that made it impossible for the South to advance and take over Northern realms wasn't the Northern army BTW.

It was the peasant armies that showed up in hateful regions that wiped out any small force we sent anywhere.  And needing to organize a 10k army to "raid" enemy regions or hold conquered regions is an exercise in futility.

That is what stalled the Southern offensive.

Yea the stupid peasant mobs of Viseu sprung the offensive into Eponllyn. Because they hadn't done their ambassador shennanigans there yet.  ;D

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #276: October 05, 2018, 04:28:16 AM »
I like how you Northerners collected like six armies in Winkamus. I wanna make a meme out of it. Maybe the Blue Rajah from "Mystery Men" and how you all travel in gangs like little babies. Yeah. I'ma do that ;)

GustavKuriga

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #277: October 05, 2018, 05:13:07 AM »
What? Minas Nova and Alara stabbed their allies in the back at the first chance they got, then began to fall apart? Color me shocked... SHOCKED.

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
« Reply #278: October 16, 2018, 02:48:41 PM »
I like how you Northerners collected like six armies in Winkamus. I wanna make a meme out of it. Maybe the Blue Rajah from "Mystery Men" and how you all travel in gangs like little babies. Yeah. I'ma do that ;)

Post it on the memes thread! :D Or share on Discord!
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #279: October 16, 2018, 09:49:50 PM »
Why are northerners so bad at killing off south? Cmon get your s-h-i-t together!

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #280: October 16, 2018, 10:04:56 PM »

Why aren't we funding this?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #281: October 17, 2018, 02:11:53 AM »
Why are northerners so bad at killing off south? Cmon get your s-h-i-t together!
Because we run out of money ::)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #282: November 13, 2018, 04:37:45 PM »
So wait, what's going on in Alara?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #283: November 13, 2018, 04:47:05 PM »

In few words, because the portal event gave walls to a bunch of regions that never should have had any.

Death and decay?

Barrett

• Knight
  • Barrett Motto: The Fox is Cunning!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284: November 13, 2018, 06:30:03 PM »

I think Alara did a peace referendum or something with the whole Perleone war and Robb didn't really accept it so he left for Vix.

Conrad: The Duke (Perleone) Angela: The Prophet (Bara'Khur)
Wallace: The Assassin (Luria Ferrata) Martin (Aren)