Author Topic: New Character UI changing places  (Read 7547 times)

Anderfhstim

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
New Character UI changing places
« Topic Start: October 14, 2017, 11:26:44 PM »
Characters are keep changing places. Sometimes my dwilight character is the first one but sometimes it is my EC character that is. Is this a bug?

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
Re: New Character UI changing places
« Reply #1: October 14, 2017, 11:32:12 PM »
I don't know if it's a bug, but it happens for me too and I always thought it's intended. I always thought it a three-card Monte to keep you on your toes from the moment you log in.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 14, 2017, 11:57:10 PM »
You are talking about the new account page?

What's the sorting filter you use?
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Anderfhstim

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 15, 2017, 12:10:58 AM »
You are talking about the new account page?

What's the sorting filter you use?

I tried all the sorting filters. It still doesn't stop it. I hope there will be an option to hold the character squares in place. Will the old acc page stick around? I hope it doesn't get completely replaced by this new acc page.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 15, 2017, 12:20:31 AM »
Please note that there are sorting options and filtering options.

If you choose the "World" sorting option, that will act the most like the previous list—your characters will always appear in order of which game world they are on.

If you use that, and find that it is not sorting consistently, please report it as a bug—ideally with screenshots showing the incorrect ordering.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 15, 2017, 01:16:57 AM »
Yea, family page seems to revert back to the new one by default (what can I say, I do like the simplicity of the old), and also seems to switch characters around (which is confusing, and further pushing me back to clicking for the old page).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 15, 2017, 05:44:30 AM »
Yea, family page seems to revert back to the new one by default (what can I say, I do like the simplicity of the old), and also seems to switch characters around (which is confusing, and further pushing me back to clicking for the old page).

"Seems" doesn't help me fix bugs.

Can you give me concrete data on any of this?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anderfhstim

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 15, 2017, 06:18:45 AM »
It is working okay now. But you have to change the sorting option to something else first then put it back on to world again.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 15, 2017, 10:13:51 AM »
I'm using the old account page as well and it never switches back to the new one.. Only if I effectively click to open in the new account page. Cookies will make it remember that.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 25, 2017, 02:53:58 AM »
Somewhat related: How do you access these filters for the character page? For some reason I can only see four characters and only the pairs that are on the same islands(noble-advy duos), but I can't see my other two unless I go into the old page and play them, but then it swaps that island pair into the page instead. Then on the old page it doesn't show the play/quickplay pause delete options for my one character.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: October 25, 2017, 03:10:47 AM »
Somewhat related: How do you access these filters for the character page? For some reason I can only see four characters and only the pairs that are on the same islands(noble-advy duos), but I can't see my other two unless I go into the old page and play them, but then it swaps that island pair into the page instead. Then on the old page it doesn't show the play/quickplay pause delete options for my one character.

Can you please provide a screenshot of this effect? Ideally including the area above and below the characters?
Timothy Collett

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: October 25, 2017, 03:57:52 AM »
Sure thing! This only started happening about an hour ago, I've been off and on all day and everything was working fine, then suddenly it went all wonky.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: October 25, 2017, 04:24:14 AM »
I can't see below the character cards on the new one. Could you please post another with them vertically as centered as possible?
Timothy Collett

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: October 25, 2017, 04:27:52 AM »
My advy Flint who died recently suddenly my family got gold from his dead body. Which caused my new advy in Avernus on Dwilight unable to be play as his character goes missing. When I use the new interface, I cannot see for my new Advy in Avernus and cannot play him.

I unable upload new interface screenshot due to file size too big. Attach is old interface screenshot where my new Advy in Avernus and also my noble Gary also cannot play.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: October 25, 2017, 04:34:55 AM »
Now its back to only showing 2 character cards. There's nothing else below them or to the sides.
It seems you have attempted to access a character that is not available for playing at this time, probably through a direct link, maybe a bookmark or browser history. Please go through the family page to access your characters.

The reason for the character's unavailability, if any, is: "".
Now I had this pop up when I tried to go to my belu noble from the old page.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 04:37:12 AM by DeVerci »