Author Topic: Could the wiki be updated please  (Read 2389 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Could the wiki be updated please
« Topic Start: October 16, 2017, 09:06:17 PM »
I don't like finding out about new(ish) rules via OOC messages and told I will be punished for something that has zero warnings in the game or on the wiki. Quite unfair and frustrating.

Out-of-Character from Jeames Dacara   (33 minutes ago)
So I traded my unique item to Edvard in Fallangard and then plan to accept it back from him for a much higher price in order to transfer gold to him.

^ This. Exactly why the waiting period was introduced.

It is NOT to be used to transfer gold to one another. Doing so, will get you a punishment of the GM's.

Jim Van Tongerloo
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 08:35:21 AM by Gabanus family »
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Write Down Your New Rules, Devs
« Reply #1: October 16, 2017, 09:07:28 PM »
You're trying to circumvent game mechanics. That's not a new rule.

If you'll stop trying to get ahead dishonestly, and just play the game like with friends, maybe you won't have to worry about running afoul of rules meant to stop people from behaving badly.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 16, 2017, 09:11:36 PM »
It's not clear enough and I have played this game for many years. I didn't even realize I was "circumventing" a game mechanic. If you want players to follow the proper way then just inform us! Add a small line of text here or there. I do my research. I go on the wiki and read all of the text.

New players would definitely not catch onto this fact that they are going around the game mechanics that were intended because a helpful hint goes a long way.

Also, I do not play dishonestly. Don't start throwing around insults. It doesn't get us anywhere and it's very rude of you. Plus it gets me frustrated - is that what you want? If I have to go to OOC messages to find out that what I'm doing is wrong then you have not implemented enough (if any at all) warnings to stop players from going down this track.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:14:58 PM by DoctorHarte »
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 16, 2017, 09:15:00 PM »
You're right. This should be added to the Rules and Policies wiki page. There *is* a warning for characters who attempt the trade, I believe.

EDIT: I see the warning isn't particularly clear as to *why*. Fixed.
SECOND EDIT: I found the rule that Anaris and I probably remember, but it was never listed with 'rules', but upon frequently rejected wikilist.
Transfers of Gold (not bonds); Transfers of Money Not in Cities
These would seriously upset the balance of the game, allowing long-distance wars and a number of other things Tom does not want. There's a reason for the difference between gold and bonds.
Added to Rules and Policies page.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:49:19 PM by Vita »

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 16, 2017, 09:40:51 PM »
Not a new rule. Not even new(ish).

Not meant to get you on your horse. We just get too many cases like this. But that probably means it should be clearer mentioned somewhere, as you say.

Will deal with it.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 16, 2017, 09:52:00 PM »
Thank you all very much! I didn't mean to post this in a way to belittle any of you. I know you all go above and beyond for this game. Just wanted to get to the bottom of it so other players don't get disgruntled like I have.