Author Topic: Duels  (Read 7358 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Re: Duels
« Topic Start: October 15, 2017, 09:07:37 PM »
Duels don't happen enough in BM, in my opinion, because people preserve their characters to such an extent. Some characters I've seen to live to 120-130 years old.

Anyways I don't agree with JV's view that
...that here's creme and then there's crème

We all started as Knights and it's not like your character gets stronger with every title or position they gain. They are still human with the same capabilities as a Knight. It's only your status that has changed (and it's all in your head). Some players don't have the extra hours per-day to invest into this game to keep up with the responsibilities required for demanding positions, such as realm council, or are able to keep their titles due to lack of time. So they remain as Lords or Knights for majority if not all of their character's life. I don't think it's fair that you dismiss these player's character in such a demeaning way when this is a game and not their life.

More so, I would think that it would be extremely embarrassing and cowardly for Kings and Generals to shy away from duels every time they pop up. Especially from Knights. A King scared of a Knight? What a Milksop. I understand they don't want to lose their character but there are duels that stop at first blood (someone gets wounded but no one will die unless you're a Hero). On top of this is was common for Lords, Kings, Queens, or anyone with a hand of power to have a Champion fight on their behalf. Perhaps rather than dismiss the duel, have the Knight issue the duel to your Champion? If they are unwilling to fight anyone but you then I would see that as folly.

That's all I have to say.

P.S. I've been contemplating creating a guild designed around enticing more duels to be fought across the continent. Not to the death just to first blood. With all this chatter I may get it jump started sooner rather than later!
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)