Author Topic: Password Recovery Not Working  (Read 2175 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Password Recovery Not Working
« Topic Start: October 18, 2017, 01:54:33 AM »
This is for a friend who has recently signed up to the game and cannot remember his password. He has gone through the password recovery but reported that the account would not register the new password. He is at a loss for what to do and tempted to just quit rather than figure it out. I have prompted him not to and hence have created this topic to try to figure this out?

His family name is Eforp and he signed up in the last week.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Password Recovery Not Working
« Reply #1: October 18, 2017, 07:59:10 AM »
I will leave a note to Delvin to make sure he sees this, so he may assist.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 18, 2017, 04:52:27 PM »
He has gone through the password recovery but reported that the account would not register the new password.

Can you clarify this, please?

Is it not letting him log in with the temporary password used for resetting, or with the new password he tried to set from the Edit Data page after successfully logging in with the temporary password?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 19, 2017, 01:52:05 AM »
Can you clarify this, please?

Is it not letting him log in with the temporary password used for resetting, or with the new password he tried to set from the Edit Data page after successfully logging in with the temporary password?

I double-checked with him and the temporary password is not letting him log in whatsoever.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)