Author Topic: Bonus Unit Limit based on Title  (Read 2702 times)

Anderfhstim

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Bonus Unit Limit based on Title
« Topic Start: October 30, 2017, 06:39:54 AM »
I was thinking how to differentiate higher ranking nobles from just knights a bit. Usually they are differentiated by their unit quality and quantity but in some cases, there isn't any difference.

So while you are holding a title, depending on what title it is, how about getting some bonuses to certain unit types?

Like upon gaining the ruler title, you can recruit 100 more SF or 100 more Cavalry on top of what you can recruit already. Of course if you lose the title, you lose this bonus as well. This will work especially well with kings who do not have as high honor and prestige as old nobles. It is kind of embarrassing to see a king with 50 infantry while a Lord of a city commands 80 SF.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Bonus Unit Limit based on Title
« Reply #1: October 30, 2017, 08:30:58 AM »
No.

If I hoard all the titles like that Swordfell Ruler cum Duke cum Margrave, I will field a godly 1000 men! :o
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Anderfhstim

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 30, 2017, 09:22:43 AM »
No.

If I hoard all the titles like that Swordfell Ruler cum Duke cum Margrave, I will field a godly 1000 men! :o

Good point but it is an easy solution to deal with. Only take bonuses from the highest. So in your example, only Ruler bonus will apply.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 30, 2017, 11:28:55 AM »
Or get your H/P up, so you can simply recruit more?
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 30, 2017, 01:16:57 PM »
...How about a bonus to honour and prestige just for holding the title? Like, say, +30 honour and +5 prestige just for holding the rulership—which you lose again when you are no longer ruler.

Needs a bit of code to support "temporary honour and prestige from something else you have," but we need that anyway, for unique items.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 30, 2017, 01:45:46 PM »
...How about a bonus to honour and prestige just for holding the title? Like, say, +30 honour and +5 prestige just for holding the rulership—which you lose again when you are no longer ruler.

Needs a bit of code to support "temporary honour and prestige from something else you have," but we need that anyway, for unique items.

Sounds more plausible and in line with future developments anyway.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Anderfhstim

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 30, 2017, 08:41:38 PM »
30 honor actually feels pretty underwhelming. I'd definitely raise it. Prestige on the other hand, what use does it have?