Author Topic: I forgot to save an RP...  (Read 6186 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
I forgot to save an RP...
« Topic Start: October 31, 2017, 09:41:13 PM »
And I am totally distraught because I thought I HAD saved it, like I try to save everything. Turns out I was wrong. I am referring to the Bathouse RP, which was the last Xavax RP, that was held in First Oligarch during the TO a month ago. Is it possible to recover those messages?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: I forgot to save an RP...
« Reply #1: October 31, 2017, 09:45:43 PM »
I keep backups of the DB that go back a ways. I can't promise exactly when I'd be able to look for it, but I quite likely have that RP in a DB backup somewhere.

Can you tell me when it was sent and whom it was sent to, to as high a degree of precision as you can recall?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #2: October 31, 2017, 11:21:19 PM »
Yes thank you! It was the last week of September between Sunday the 24th and Saturday and Sunday October 1st. Message was sent to everyone in the region of Oligarch. Of keen interest to me personally is the exchange between Ayden JeVondair and Asher Renodin, again sent to everyone in the region. I am not certain of how you track these things, but Ayden sends and receives very few messages, being an adventurer. So if you can search by nametag, that would be the route to go.

I really appreciate the help, Anaris, I almost never drop the ball on stuff like this.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 03, 2017, 03:34:59 AM »
How far back do your RP records go? I'd sell my soul to get all those RP's I sent as Magnus back when Xavax was formed. :|
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #4: November 03, 2017, 01:54:44 PM »
How far back do your RP records go? I'd sell my soul to get all those RP's I sent as Magnus back when Xavax was formed. :|

Welcome back! And I am sorry, only save the RP's I participate in, and even then only the ones I consider worthwhile. You've missed quite a bit since you've been gone. Much has changed.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 03, 2017, 03:50:46 PM »
Indeed! Jump on IRC if possible. I don't use this account anymore :) New forum acc is called CryptCypher. Spawned in a new family since the old got deleted.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #6: November 06, 2017, 06:58:40 PM »
Im almost never on IRC, it seemed so empty usually, but I'll try to jump on a bit more.

Any luck, Anaris? is this perhaps something you can teach me so I can do it? I don't mind helping out the playerbase in that end. Master Archivist JeV at your service

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 07, 2017, 11:12:25 AM »
Ehndras account no longer in use, find me on this one. :) Pssst, PM me. Let rise the age of shenanigans!
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #8: November 09, 2017, 07:18:40 PM »
Any luck, Anaris?

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #9: November 21, 2017, 05:21:54 PM »
Would it be possible to get this data some time this week? Even next week would be good too. Thanks!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 21, 2017, 05:55:03 PM »
See if this has the bits you're missing: http://topazgryphon.org/~tcollett/bm/jv_rps.txt
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 21, 2017, 05:56:10 PM »

When would that have been in RL time? Got a month & year?
Timothy Collett

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #12: November 21, 2017, 08:25:45 PM »
Anaris, thank you so much again for taking the time. Are you allowed, or interested, in showing me how? There was another RP that I'd like to recover. One that Vita and I worked on back when Selenia was young. He hasn't had the bandwidth to assist and I feel like im asking too much of y'all!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: November 21, 2017, 08:41:35 PM »
Anaris, thank you so much again for taking the time. Are you allowed, or interested, in showing me how?

It is, by its nature, not something that can be shown to someone else. It involves taking a complete BM database backup, loading it into the database on my laptop, and using the copy of BattleMaster I run here for development/testing purposes to dig up the RPs.

There was another RP that I'd like to recover. One that Vita and I worked on back when Selenia was young. He hasn't had the bandwidth to assist and I feel like im asking too much of y'all!

How old was that?
Timothy Collett

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #14: November 21, 2017, 09:45:19 PM »
It took some research, but I am confident that the RP took place between Selenia and Raziella between 2015-06-28 and 2015-08-09.

Raziella I Himoura Nifelleisca left what I believe was Old Grehk at the tail end of the Trent Tyranny. The player of the Trent family had been causing a lot of problems so I and others reported him and he was banned. But before Selenia and the Ivory Vales could recapture the rebellious lands of "Trenton" based out of Iato, Raziella swept in, won all of the realm's elections, and took control. Selenia, much miffed, challenged her to single combat, winner take Trenton. Selenia won, wounding Raziella and leaving her unconscious as her armies swept into Iato and stated the TO. true to her word, Raziella stepped down after recovering from her injuries on August 8th of 2015. Given the timing, I'd think that the RP began an ended in the first week of August, 2015 between the 1st and the 9th.

It was one of my best dual roleplays from a time when i was not active on the wiki at all. It is Selenia's only major RP from her time in the Ivory Vales.

Lastly, if you have the time, the only other RP I need is my very first one. It was between Rynn, my first character, and the infamous Jonsu Himoura back when both lived in D'Hara occurring between 2012-02-18 and 2012-02-26. Before now, I never thought it might be possible to find and save that RP. But as far as I know, Himoura does not even play anymore. Jonsu, to my mind, was such a big part of the games history, I always lamented not saving that RP.

Again, especially now that you've explained the work involved, i understand if its too much to ask. But it would be incredible if you did find them!