Author Topic: Memorable Heroic Deaths  (Read 6628 times)

Anderfhstim

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Memorable Heroic Deaths
« Topic Start: November 06, 2017, 12:41:52 PM »
Any death of a hero you remember in particular?

Or awesome death events wish your character would replicate one day?

Or any character you wish you hadn't lost?

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
Re: Memorable Heroic Deaths
« Reply #1: November 06, 2017, 03:30:05 PM »
There was this GX guy, I believe he was Xerarch before Selenia, he died on the battlefield which was one of the events that caused creation of a new religion.

Later Selenia dueled Gustaf Essenhorn (killer of said Hero), but ye ol' Gustaf survived.

Then Selenia died and came back, which caused almost everything that happened afterwards on EC happen.

On other continents there was Mariah Greyson - founder of evil cult - got flayed alive after the funniest manhunt I've experienced (cheers to those participating). Which btw happened by the hand of a guy who's now hated by half the continent.

Oh and there was heroic Gilth Gildre death, can't recall anything in particular about it though.

All in all those are only the ones that happened during my brief adventure with BM. I'm sure older fellas have more to tell. I believe not enough fuss is made about heroic deaths.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 06, 2017, 03:49:33 PM »
What do you mean the funniest manhunt? She literally walked back into the realm and waited until someone got her.

It was not an evil cult either, it was an Anti-Evil religion. Cmon man, you were there!

Pretty sure Crixus is hated by more than half the continent.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 03:52:32 PM by Bronnen »

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 06, 2017, 04:03:48 PM »
You're the Greyson player?

Yeah, that's precisely why it was the funniest. There was this huge net casted after her with multiple unit commanders, infils, priests and spells and she just got imprisoned by region militia. Very anticlimactic but also funny.

And it was "perceived" as evil cult. I seem to recall it was also advertised on forums as evil cult by the Ut Trutinian players themselves.

Still - Greyson vs Domitius was the last fun thing that happened on Dwillight. At least in my area. After that it was just sitting idly by and having wars interrupted by monster invasions.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 06, 2017, 05:33:13 PM »
Lol shoulda sided with her then. I had way more plans for her after but there were too many people that just wanted thr status quo

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #5: November 06, 2017, 07:15:58 PM »

There was this GX guy, I believe he was Xerarch before Selenia, he died on the battlefield which was one of the events that caused creation of a new religion.

That was Uthred Mormont the Unyielding

Oh and there was heroic Gilth Gildre death, can't recall anything in particular about it though.
The player is back! Gilth died in battle against the Vix as I recall. it was a bitter loss for the Xavax.

All in all those are only the ones that happened during my brief adventure with BM. I'm sure older fellas have more to tell. I believe not enough fuss is made about heroic deaths.

Fear not, i'll cook up something new :-)
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 08, 2017, 08:00:10 PM »

Later Selenia dueled Gustaf Essenhorn (killer of said Hero), but ye ol' Gustaf survived.

Then Selenia died and came back, which caused almost everything that happened afterwards on EC happen.

On other continents there was Mariah Greyson - founder of evil cult - got flayed alive after the funniest manhunt I've experienced (cheers to those participating). Which btw happened by the hand of a guy who's now hated by half the continent.

Yeah, no. I was First Xerarch, before Selenia. Don't think I ever got around to making Magnus a hero. Or did I? Regardless, must've been someone else you've mixed up.

(Magnus Aurea, elected first king, created the whole Xerarch/imperial phoenix cult thing for shirts and giggles, not expecting it to take off like a medieval crack epidemic.)
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 09, 2017, 01:22:16 AM »
The guy in Avalon, who said he'd chase my character down until he died, which he promptly did the next turn change (a mere few minutes later, too, I think). That was pretty funny. Didn't have to worry about that oath of vengeance for long.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Quotes#Famous_Last_Words
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 09, 2017, 01:17:52 PM »
The guy in Avalon, who said he'd chase my character down until he died, which he promptly did the next turn change (a mere few minutes later, too, I think). That was pretty funny. Didn't have to worry about that oath of vengeance for long.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Quotes#Famous_Last_Words

...That is glorious. Ironic, yes. hilarious, absolutely. Yet glorious above all.

Now, if only you had made some retaliatory statement prior to his demise. You could plausibly get away with a "Huh. Guess I scared him to death?"
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 10, 2017, 02:21:31 AM »
...That is glorious. Ironic, yes. hilarious, absolutely. Yet glorious above all.

Now, if only you had made some retaliatory statement prior to his demise. You could plausibly get away with a "Huh. Guess I scared him to death?"

I might have. That was such a long time ago. Then again, my own character also died not that long later, I believe. In such a random battle, too, taking a shortcut through a region with a few monsters in it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 10, 2017, 03:01:42 AM »
Wow. What a way to go. Definitely warrants an award for strangest death / defeat. That should be a thing...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 10, 2017, 03:48:24 AM »
Wow. What a way to go. Definitely warrants an award for strangest death / defeat. That should be a thing...

Yea... so anticlimactic. First ruler character, barely in office after a long power struggle. Dies in a random irrelevant tiny battle.

Last hero I made.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: November 10, 2017, 10:24:40 AM »
Yea... so anticlimactic. First ruler character, barely in office after a long power struggle. Dies in a random irrelevant tiny battle.

Last hero I made.

That reminds me of the death of Aeneas on the war islands (SI). He was the judge of Taselak torturing every char in his dungeon, often multiple times during a stay and RP'd about it with the prisoners. Then he was captured by Sandalak with way too little h/p (which means they could execute him after 2 days) but he escaped. A bit later the King of Taselak died and Aeneas became King, only to die like 2 weeks into his new rule or something (timeline might be slightly off, been a while again, but it was very quickly).

Another amazing death from the SI is that of Kurlock, the Dwarf something something incarnate who first introduced the archer opening siege on Taselak City and won, but who was killed in that very same battle. His tactic lives on, but he did not. Funny note, he was killed twice during that battle in the battle report xD Damn dwarves
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: November 10, 2017, 10:39:55 AM »
Kurlock the Undying; the Masochist; the Twice-Slain; the Double-Dipped; so damned by the Gods that they resurrected his scarred and pitted corpse only to laugh as he died again!

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: November 10, 2017, 03:54:41 PM »
There was a dwarf that Zeph dueled to the death the first week into the war islands game. He died but had new character protection so he survived, but immediately changed sides because I wanted to duel him again.