Author Topic: Which realm to join?  (Read 20576 times)

NeGaZe

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Which realm to join?
« Topic Start: November 08, 2017, 12:14:19 AM »
After Greater Xavax fall, I found that my character got too bland (Loyal to death thing) and bit boring, so I decided to pause her.

I am now looking for suggestion into where make me new character.
Current plans for next character:
1) Female
2) Mentally unstable,Insane or multiple personality disorder
3) Might think at some nights that she is some type of beast/magical begin.
If there is anyone who wouldn't mind having nut case within their realm, please suggest.

However I most likely won't make one into Sirion or Shadowdale as my old noble was part of it.
Nympha - East Continent Highmarch, Gil - Dwilight Arnor
Kohvic - Colonies Halcyon, Kiki - Beluaterra Obia'Syela

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
Re: Which realm to join?
« Reply #1: November 08, 2017, 12:30:56 AM »
Numbers 2 and 3 resemble my char in Highmarch. Crazy competition if you join there? lol

If you want to go the unstable route, I think one of the more progressive realms is a good place. Lots of free thinkers who can get rubbed the wrong way. Tons of potential enemies.

The unfortunate business is that Xavax was one of the greatest realms I have ever played in. It was an extreme rarity, especially in this age of the game. While I will say don't expect the same experience as you had in GX, I will also say it is what you make it. The more you interact and role play in a realm, the higher the odds are of other players interacting, forming character relations, and spicing up the game.

So I guess the real question isn't what can a potential realm do for you, but rather what can you do for a potential realm?

FOR THE IMPERIUM!!
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

McTang

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 08, 2017, 12:35:46 AM »
Come join Vix! You can hang with Jang and her alcoholic, bearded, bleeding heart self. Plus Archibald the donkey / cookie lover will keep you in good company.

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 08, 2017, 12:42:46 AM »
Dear god, do NOT join Vix. If you want to play a crazy char, they will only be overshadowed by Archibald's extreme crazyness. I have made dope love for that player, they play an amazing char, but I effing HATE Archibald lol.

"Me Archibald. Archibald loves cookies. Archibald makes peasants rise up and throw out their rightful lord so Archibald can take control of the region. Archibald trade gold for cookie. Archibald IS the cookie"

Paraphrasing, obviously.

Hahahaha man he makes me laugh. But I do hate him.

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 08, 2017, 06:15:46 AM »
I disagree. There's Purrcious in Vix and she's doing splendidly well. Altough there's not much crazy about Purrcious. I mean there is refferring to self in third person and all the cat references... Easily one of the most fun characters I've encountered.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 08, 2017, 09:47:06 AM »
Perhaps not directly on topic but I do love the idea of Archibald and Purrcious. It is a great shame and I recognize it, that I have not played in Vix Tiramoa when those two characters are around. Surely there will be others but I went with Xavax and was never disappointed. While that Realms may be gone, its culture certainly isn't.

My suggestion to the OP would be to find a realm with lots of people in it. Vix, Highmarch on EX seems good examples. Astrum on Dwilight, Uhmm there's Obeya something something where there's two factions fighting internally. Religious mayhem. Yeah, many players in a Realm means more room for creativity and interaction and that in the end will allow your char a niche to fill.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 08, 2017, 04:49:15 PM »
Join Highmarch - then we'll be able to overtake Vix in numbers and they'll be the junior partner in our alliance :p

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 08, 2017, 06:40:35 PM »
Join Highmarch - then we'll be able to overtake Vix in numbers and they'll be the junior partner in our alliance :p

There wouldn't be a Highmarch without Vix!
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 08, 2017, 07:11:40 PM »
There wouldn't be a Highmarch without Vix!

And there wouldn't be a Vix without Perdan!

#makeperdangreatagain

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 08, 2017, 08:05:58 PM »
...You could always unpause your Xavaxian and take part in the island-wide plotting ;) Unfortunately, unless you happen to be in Sirion, you won't arrive in time for the grand Xavax wedding of Duke Serpentis and Lady A'lia, which has all the big Xavax influentials RP'ing the night away. I think even Selenia's there, along with all the former council members who yet live?
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 09, 2017, 02:37:55 PM »
Duke Serpentis... it made me tear, just a little... masculine tears!!!
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 10, 2017, 02:53:22 AM »
Glorious tears!
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

NeGaZe

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: November 11, 2017, 10:50:13 PM »
Nympha have joined with Highmarch, as realm is one of activity hubs, capital is close to front lines and that Perdan 320 gold per week.
Nympha - East Continent Highmarch, Gil - Dwilight Arnor
Kohvic - Colonies Halcyon, Kiki - Beluaterra Obia'Syela

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: November 11, 2017, 11:02:22 PM »
Highmarch is pretty active, plus a ton of lordship elections, with surprisingly few candidates in them.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: November 12, 2017, 11:15:00 AM »
If you're not on BT, Obia'Syela is friggin amazing and has good parallels to what Xavax should have been. :)