Author Topic: Privateer's Guild  (Read 2230 times)

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
Re: Privateer's Guild
« Topic Start: January 01, 2018, 02:36:25 AM »
Drizztle was seeing to his horse as his new Captain approached. "Captain..." He started. "Didia," she responded,"Captain Didia, Sir." "Ah yes, Captain Didia. What news have you brought me," he asked without ever taking his eyes off his horse. He took pains to see to his horse personally. He trusted his horse with his life, so he felt it only right to see to the horse himself.

Captain Didia hesitated a moment. She was new and had not yet learned that Drizztle wanted his questions responded to immediately. Good or bad, he needed information quick. "Sir, two pieces of news. You have been promoted to Admiral in the Privateer's Guild." Drizztle turned to her at that. An honor he would strive to live up to. The last campaign had gone badly. But he had survived, despite his men abandoning him after roughing him up. It was then that his smile faded. "Two" he said.

Captain Didia nodded her head. "Yes Sir, two pieces of news. The other is that Marshal Barrett has had his leg amputated. His men report that he managed to keep from screaming for the entire operation." After she finished, the look of admiration was still in her eyes for a few moments before her training kicked in and she returned to her passive pose. "Ah, the follies of youth" Drizztle thought as he looked at his captain.

"Send the Marshal a bottle of Red Langor and three bottles of Rum," He ordered. Confusion covered her face. "Rum and Red Langor, Sir?"  Captain Didia asked. Drizztle chuckled at that. "Barrett is a good man. He will not stay down long. He will be back on his feet in no time. He has proven himself 100 times over in the time I've known him. Still, rum to sooth the heart for the loss of the leg." He stated. "And the Red Langor?" the Captain asked. "A man who can keep from screaming while his leg is taken off has earned the best I have." It struck Captain Didia that her commander held great respect for Marshal Barrett. "At once, Sir." And with that she rushed off to see his orders were carried out.

Drizztle turned back to his horse, Waverider. He would have more adventures with Marshal Barrett, Drizztle knew. And he would make sure Waverider would be ready.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor