Author Topic: Glitch with line settings  (Read 2659 times)

McTang

• Knight
    • View Profile
Glitch with line settings
« Topic Start: November 19, 2017, 10:02:04 PM »
My unit is deploying in the front despite being set to the rear and back over the last two battles. The first time I thought my settings might have been wrong, but now I'm sure something weird is happening. Unit is the Bearded Ladies of Vix, battles too place in Sordidus a few turns back and An Najaf this most recent turn.

Any pointers on how to fix it?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Glitch with line settings
« Reply #1: November 19, 2017, 10:04:20 PM »
Is your unit in an army, and being affected by marshal settings?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 19, 2017, 10:28:37 PM »
Jang McTang, Master Steward of Vix Tiramora, Representative of Montauban takes command of her army. They deploy in Infantry Wall formation.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 19, 2017, 11:09:46 PM »
ROFL so he was the marshal as well. That is pretty funny.

McTang

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 20, 2017, 02:43:55 AM »
Ha! That's amazing, thanks for pointing out. Strange, since I've never set the formation since being appointed yesterday, but perhaps that's a default or something

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 20, 2017, 03:24:32 AM »
Ha! That's amazing, thanks for pointing out. Strange, since I've never set the formation since being appointed yesterday, but perhaps that's a default or something

Command settings are set for the army by either the vice-marshal or marshal - so the settings belong to the army and not to the character that sets them.

So, presumably, your predecessor had already set some command settings that are still in use.