Author Topic: Is it normal for a new ruler to lose all titles/gov positions and duchies?  (Read 24490 times)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
I tried a year or so back to get rid of Crixus, and we were mostly successful. We had him down to just the duchy and lordship, then he started forcing any new members of the realm to swear to him and vote for him in elections or he would remove them from his duchy.

...Ouch!
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
Chenier, you are right. I'm sorry. I totally misunderstood what you ment. Thanks for explaining to me that you ment what you ment, because that wasn't clear to me before. You totally know why Crixus held this many positions and I should defer to your greater expertise in that matter, rather than assuming I know anything about it due to actually playing in Swordfell for a year. And you are right that noone in that realm was doing anything about it or was about to do anything about it. The fact that the players were affected by it so much is on them and on them alone, it's their fault and it serves them right. Let them quit! Good riddance. Thanks Chenier for being so awesome.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Anderfhstim

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Chenier, you are right. I'm sorry. I totally misunderstood what you ment. Thanks for explaining to me that you ment what you ment, because that wasn't clear to me before. You totally know why Crixus held this many positions and I should defer to your greater expertise in that matter, rather than assuming I know anything about it due to actually playing in Swordfell for a year. And you are right that noone in that realm was doing anything about it or was about to do anything about it. The fact that the players were affected by it so much is on them and on them alone, it's their fault and it serves them right. Let them quit! Good riddance. Thanks Chenier for being so awesome.

Not sure being sarcastic is the best way to deal with it. But nonetheless, Crixus is out Max is in and the war is over. Everything seems to be fine. Hopefully, Max won't become Crixus the Second. As for players quitting, it ain't new. If they want to quit, let them. If they want to play, good for them.

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
Ander has a point. Its a player's prerogative whether he chooses to adapt to change or rage-quit over it.

If Crixus had fallen ill/died/quit and the exact same thing happened, would they have quit?

An interesting thought.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
But nonetheless, Crixus is out Max is in and the war is over.

Incorrect. Max is out as well.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Incorrect. Max is out as well.

Please contact me on IRC or Discord.

Purrcious

• Knight
    • View Profile
I think I'm just another fool who thinks this situation is handled poorly like Max, we're both Swordfells.

First of all, MTYL, I just found this thread and sorry if I decided to quit on you. I just read your OOC letter to me in game but it was a little too late for me to reply, 2 letters and 1 notification that Max has been deleted.

Let me just say that from my POV, it seems like the punishment doesn't accomplish what it intended to do. In other games, when you are cheating you get suspended or permanently banned depending on the gravity of the sin. So for discussion sake, let's say Crixus did cheat.

The Strategic Secession
Somehow people in Swordfell has been talking that the secession were planned from the time Astrum we're planning to install a new realm there. If so this has been months before the war but I don't have evidence. Let's just say that this is confirmed as actual strategic secession. The first punishment is a good wakeup call for him and could even be suspended from the game for a week!

The Hoarding of Power
I seriously can't find anywhere in the Wiki where this is written.

And if it's there somewhere:
Why remove him from the positions he was elected on? Are there evidences, that he coerced every Swordfell player into voting him? Why aren't people running against him? Is he threatening them in-game too?

Wouldn't overthrowing him in the game through rebellion and war be more awesome in experience and history stand point? Swordfell is a republic and I don't think Crixus will be there in position if the nobles under him don't want him there. Are there people in the realm dissatisfied with it? Then they aren't doing enough to battle the norm and yet we punish those who work to keep that power in there. To me, if I favor Crixus, it just feels like someone powerplayed and took the opportunity to get what intended all along with the help of a titan decision rather than plotting, scheming, and working with other people.

Repeated Offence
I've also heard that Crixus has been crossing the rules repeatedly already. Then wouldn't it be more sensible to just ban him outright so he can't try to bull!@#$ his way out dragging 5 nobles out of the game/realm with him because of some OOC message?

note: People here can't believe how the nobles of Swordfell live under the rule of Crixus. I play Purrcious of Vix in EC (democracy), Spindel of Fronen (republic). Swordfell's tyrannical environment was a really different way of playing especially knowing all the ruckus Crixus has been putting SA into. In all the games I played, I learned one thing important. Don't expect your fun to be the same fun as the others. I have paused nobles who've been jumping realms before Swordfell, Dwilight needed a war and Crixus was the villain we needed and now he's gone. RIP.

TLDR: I'm confused and disappointed but moving on.
Calm like a Tiger, Quick like a Cheetah, Fierce like a Lion,
Silent like a Puma, Agile like a Jaguar, Lazy like a House Cat!

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
To clarify, the hoarding of power was not considered an issue by the Titans from what I've read but was brought up by other players as shocking.

What Crixus was punished for, if I read everything correctly is the strategic seccession, worsened by a degree of micro managing which borders harassment.

I'm just very sad though that so many quit...
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
It is nigh impossible to get permanently banned from this game. You really REALLY have to try to get one and I've only seen one person banned permanently except those who multicheated.

As for Crixus, he did get suspended for like a day or two. If he was suspended for a whole week, his account would have been paused thus resulting in loss of all titles. So it would have accomplished the same thing but slower.

If people want to quit along with Crixus, there isn't much people can do to stop him. There are just too many ways to contact others. But would have been pretty good to suspend him for a week like you said to give people some time out.

It was just unfortunate that some people decided to quit but it isn't new. He had some people who were attached to him and they decided to quit along with their other friends.

As for strategic secession, to be honest it is always a wise idea to talk to a dev before pulling one unless it is a peaceful secession. If it is in the grey area, you definitely should talk to one to iron things out. Crixus admitted he was trying to gain advantage with the move and made it very clear that he knew everything.

It is probably for the best that people just move on from this distasteful event. It is all around just a lose-lose situation.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
I surprised this thread wasn't closed earlier. This was a recipe for disaster to let everyone bicker about a ruling than you're not supposed to discuss afterward.

I got a Titan judgement int he past few months and it clearly states to not take this discussion back to the forums. In fact you're not supposed to talk about it anywhere except in a direct email to Tom. Well, Tom doesn't really get involved anymore so that is just a waste of time.

So I understand coming to the forums for clarification. But this discussion is far beyond clarification. It's mutated into a heated and bitter battle between some. Why didn't the forum admins put a stop to this?
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Purrcious, why did you leave fronen? Did you delete permanently? Not coming back?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 05:26:15 PM by Bronnen »