Author Topic: My unit attacked a tournament region a day after we arrived for said tournament?  (Read 2743 times)

House Drake

• Freeman
    • View Profile
For some reason my unit attacked the region of the tournament that I was attending a full day after I arrived. (I arrived 3 days, 21 hours ago; the attack happened 2 days 20 hours ago.)

I'm trying to figure out how this happened. My character was brand new and I hadn't changed her starting unit's line settings. I don't see why logically their default behavior would be aggressive, but if that was the case, they may have attacked since the region of the tournament belonged to a realm that mine was neutral with. That still wouldn't explain why they waited an entire day to do so, since even if there wasn't any militia present, people from the hosting realm and their unit's were already there when I arrived.

The only other thing I can think is that it was a glitch, since my unit didn't attack the region until literally a full day after we arrived there.

My realm is Aren, the realm hosting the tournament is Outer Tilog, the region of the tournament (where my men attacked) was also called Outer Tilog. The continent is the Colonies.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 03:49:56 AM by House Drake »
Walk the woods like a predator; speak to savages as if you were one of them.

House Drake

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Don't know if this is relevant, but the tournament script has been plagued with bugs during the course of everyone's travel. Maybe that has something to do with it?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 03:51:09 AM by House Drake »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Did you travel to Outer Tilog prior to clicking the "join tournament" button? Or were you still in your realm (or some other region) and used the updated "auto-travel to the tournament" code?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I think I know why.

Since your character wrote to my character when he was in Grentzen, then Iglavik, and finally he was in Windaria, a non-friendly region to Aren. While I cannot claim to know your unit setting(aggressive to neutral realm or not), I can say you should stay in Aren lands and still be able to attend the Tournament.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

House Drake

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Sorry for lateness, but I was in Aren lands and used the auto-travel to tournament function. I think I remember receiving a message about how my men would wait for me to get back, but that part might just be confusion on my behalf.