Author Topic: Under Debate: Color coding scout reports  (Read 2221 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Under Debate: Color coding scout reports
« Topic Start: November 26, 2017, 02:10:37 AM »
 Title: Color coding scout reports
    Summary: There are currently two color schemes for scout reports, one for realm-mates, one for everyone else.
    Details: The request is to modulate the color codes, by adding new ones, as per diplomacy with said realm.
    Benefits: I'm new to EC, and seeing scout reports with 9+ realms in them confuses the hell out of me. Experienced players may get used to which are allied realms, which are enemy realms, but I don't really remember any other cases in my long career of so many realms being involved in battles so regularly (instead of split on multiple fronts). It's hard to learn about so many realms at once, and to memorize the diplomacy page with so many actors involved. Color coding would make it more easy for newer players especially to decipher scout reports.
    Possible Downsides or Exploits: Esthetics to be considered.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:38:51 PM by Wimpie »
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
Re: Color coding scout reports
« Reply #1: November 27, 2017, 05:06:56 AM »
Its a sore spot for numerous players, new and old. The bigger battles, worse with the multi-realm wars, do wear on the mind. If only it was possible to have a drop-box to check for "highlight allies" or some such. Better, highlight enemies?
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Under Debate: Color coding scout reports
« Reply #2: February 28, 2018, 11:49:40 AM »
I'd like to pick this up since it has received no reply from a dev yet.

Just to clarify first, there are indeed 2 color shemes (blue and red in the scout report troops table), but not for 'in same realm', 'not in same realm'. It is divided in:

• Blue: in same army
  • Red: not in same army
What you are looking for is an indication, on scout reports, to have some sort of indication whether troops from other realms in that region are federated/allied/peace/neutral/war/hatred with you? Do you need it per commander or just in the summary table at the top?
This should also be flexible, because scout reports are shared with all kinds of people of other realms.

I could look into how the color scheme are implemented for the army case. But not sure this is going to make things any clearer..
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 12:11:36 PM by Wimpie »
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 01, 2018, 01:41:15 AM »
Both I guess?

And yea that sounds like something which should be on the scout viewer's end, and not data stored within the scout report itself.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 01, 2018, 08:17:17 AM »
Discussed it with Andrew and Delvin.

We will first need to get the message-attachment branch working & rework scouting data in the tables, before any like this is going to be remotely easy.

Until then, it's on hold.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)