Author Topic: Spawned peasants to prevent their region from any form of production  (Read 3113 times)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I was thinking how about preventing regions from producing gold + food + recruits + paraphernalia when peasants spawn to defend. Until they go back, they will prevent the region from producing anything.

This will temporarily disable regions without destroying everything.

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
Hmm... You raise a good point. How do we just waltz into a region whose entire peasantry has revolted, calmly withdraw funds from the bank, go shopping for 3 different paraphranelia, then recruit troops - all without being attacked by the peasant army calmly waiting for sun-rise/-set to charge. It does kind off feel like cheating the turn system.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Wouldn't mind seeing paraphernalia buildings and RCs in the region losing all recruits as well.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Production already takes a hit when peasants mobilise.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Production already takes a hit when peasants mobilise.

It barely makes any difference. Usually they spawn pretty quickly. Also making peasants empty RCs + paraphernalia + no tax collection + no food production, will probably help deal with ruler's peasant summoning as well.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Calling out the Citizens' Militia is a last-ditch strategy. Usually at that point only the capital remains and the defenders are playing for time. Sometimes that pays off, mostly it doesn't. Having it completely nerf the region would remove any possibility of the realm surviving so why not just remove the Citizens' Militia in the first place?

However peasant mobilisation is usually prompted by hatred for another realm as their troops move through a region and provides a counterbalance to excessive looting as well as a lever Diplomats and Priests can use to influence events. The fact it inconveniences attackers is no reason why it should also inconvenience defenders.

Production is already reduced proportionate to the extent of peasant mobilisation, affecting both gold and food. Extending that to affect RCs would be interesting but it makes no sense unless RC-quality militia units are spawned and when they disband refill the RCs they were drawn from.

And if we go that route I think region Lords should have an option to call out their local peasant militia without honour or prestige losses. Medieval Lords had few qualms about using feudal levies.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Regions actually recover quite quickly even after you call peasants. Also, all peasants that spawn from a region are based on RC stats of that region. Where do you think these peasants are getting their weapons and armors from. Peasants aren't really those weaklings you used to slaughter anymore.

As for region lords being able to call peasants, I am actually against that. That would make attacking another realm a living hell.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Regions actually recover quite quickly even after you call peasants. Also, all peasants that spawn from a region are based on RC stats of that region. Where do you think these peasants are getting their weapons and armors from. Peasants aren't really those weaklings you used to slaughter anymore.

I've very rarely slaughtered peasants but I have deployed them a few times and the economic impact has been heavy troublesome - especially when they take heavy casualties. I'm currently exploring what can be done with more reactive peasant militias so I'll not venture any further opinion until I have more data to work on.

As for region lords being able to call peasants, I am actually against that. That would make attacking another realm a living hell.

Lords who wanted to take advantage of that would have to be in their regions, and as most realms are struggling with low noble density I suspect that would damage their defences in other ways.