Author Topic: Scouting during sea routes  (Read 3358 times)

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
Scouting during sea routes
« Topic Start: July 13, 2011, 09:46:26 PM »
Hey all,

I'm not that used to sea routes. Now I finally tried one and tried to scout ahead. That didn't work!

Error: You can not scout along sea routes.

Is it meant to be like that? A guessing game of what the opponent has on the other side?
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Scouting during sea routes
« Reply #1: July 13, 2011, 09:53:13 PM »
Y

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 13, 2011, 10:08:36 PM »
You can scout once you're in your final turn of approach to the far end.

Before then, no, you're not meant to be able to scout along them.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

egamma

« Reply #3: July 13, 2011, 10:14:39 PM »
Hey all,

I'm not that used to sea routes. Now I finally tried one and tried to scout ahead. That didn't work!

Error: You can not scout along sea routes.

Is it meant to be like that? A guessing game of what the opponent has on the other side?

The intent is to prevent the creation of supersonic scouts, who can ride their broomsticks 100 miles round-trip in under an hour.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #4: July 13, 2011, 10:37:54 PM »
Aw, and they'd go so well with our instant teleportation letters...

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 14, 2011, 12:26:58 AM »
Aw, and they'd go so well with our instant teleportation letters...

Well if all our messengers are using laptops and internet as theorized in the following link, it makes sense!

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/High_Tech_Game
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #6: July 14, 2011, 12:35:44 AM »
It's a really meta work of metafiction. See, our characters in the game know that they are characters in the game and as such actually do use the same technology we use because it's recursive: We, the players, are actually the characters, only we don't know about it.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 14, 2011, 04:12:09 AM »
It's a really meta work of metafiction. See, our characters in the game know that they are characters in the game and as such actually do use the same technology we use because it's recursive: We, the players, are actually the characters, only we don't know about it.

What a boring game our players are playing.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #8: July 14, 2011, 04:34:30 PM »
Indeed, yet oddly enough they always come back for more. I hypothesize that there is an addiction formed through continued exposure to the game. It is also possible that the players aren't in fact independent entities, but rather beings that formed as a consequence of the existence of BM. All memories of their lives prior to "joining" the game were illusions implanted by the sentient network consciousness known as "Battlemaster".