Author Topic: Different way to nerf militias  (Read 10214 times)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Different way to nerf militias
« Reply #15: December 30, 2017, 01:30:19 PM »
1) Capital recruitment is to balance the game.

There are only 2 ways to do it for BM's system I think. Either you centralize it or de-centralize it.

Centralize was the path this game has chosen to go down. Decentralizing it will make it more miserable probably. If you make all RCs local, you actually need to travel there to recruit. It will make new players even more confusing plus capitals will become less important.

2) Militias.

I think maybe allowing people to recruit them locally is fine but as long as there are militias, RCs you used to get them should remain empty until you disband them. So if you have 4 RCs with 200 men each, you can have up to 800 militias but your RCs will remain empty until you disband or lower them. This will make people choose between using them as militias or active troops. At the moment, you get endless recruits constantly.

All the problems that have surfaced recently are caused by having only 400 players. The game was never designed for so few players and it just can't adapt. It will take a very long time to fix all the issues since many don't see it as problems or they have different views on the matter. I'd recommend learning more about the game and just living with it. Do what you can with what you have. That is how you play BM.