Author Topic: Under Debate: Adding 'Guild Titles' to title list outside of guild msg groups  (Read 6962 times)

Blint

• Knight
    • View Profile
Title: Adding 'Guild Titles' to title list outside of guild msg groups

Summary:Not sure how useful or 'desired' this would be, but I haven't seen a topic on this yet, and thought it would be neat. I would like to see the titles/ranks a character has in guilds displayed in their signature line along with other titles they have earned

Details:In a character's signature line currently it reads "John Smith, King of Blintia, Royal of Blintia, Duke of Blint City." I think it would be neat if we added titles/ranks from guilds a character is in as well. I can imagine that if a player/character is in 5 different guilds it could get increasingly more cumbersome, so perhaps we limit it to 'Full' and/or 'Elder' ranks of a guild? I would also imagine that Secret Societies would not have this.. since they are.. secret..

Benefits:Increases the value in the titles/ranks, gives players something to strive for within a guild, rather than growing complacent with their current position helps advertise the guild more

Possible Downsides/Exploits: If a player is in more than 1 or 2 guilds the list of titles could grow drastically. A possible 'solution'/workaround for this could be limiting it to either 'Full' and/or 'Elder' ranks and/or limiting it to 1 or 2 guilds based on which guild you have been in the longest? I think allowing a player to select the guilds (maybe on the character info screen) to display, would be cool, but also understand that development wise that might get tricky and cumbersome, and be more trouble than its worth..
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:41:12 PM by Wimpie »
A good chess player plays 3 moves ahead, A great chess player plays 1 move ahead, but it's always the right move.