Author Topic: Under Debate: Adding 'Guild Titles' to title list outside of guild msg groups  (Read 6929 times)

Blint

• Knight
    • View Profile
Still not very much in favour of this......

I'm rambling, maybe I'm not clearly seeing any advantages for this feature at this time. It's not that I'm completely against.
@Wimpie, I hear your concerns and think they are valid, you bring up some decent points I hadn't thought about. My main reasoning for bringing this topic up was that it feels like guilds are just there in the game and don't really add anything RP wise.. Where I feel adding the ability to have Full/Elder ranks display their titles if they wish - and limit the # of titles 1 noble can display at the end of a message might add some flavor and RP value to Guilds, as people outside the guild can see John Smith has the title of 'Arch Daimon Hunter' and it might add some incentive for people to join guilds... At least that is my hope/desire. I also think its something to celebrate if you attain the rank of XYZ in a guild, and that you should be able to share that achievement with other players, not just the people in the guild..

I agree about the religious titles as well, I think that would add a lot to the game in terms of pride in accomplishments.

Perhaps I am projecting too much of myself onto all players in the game..

Actually, upon reflection, it sounds like the real solution here would be to display religion titles and to give realms more control over title customisation/awarding of honourary titles.

Perhaps you should be allowed to customise all the titles (with the various title systems available as default options), and to create and award one or two honourary titles per realm. That leaves realms the ability to do the customisation they want (e.g. calling Lurian Dukes "Kings") and the ability to award special honours (e.g. "Royal Daimon Slayer") without needing to use guilds as a work around.
@Antonine
 I LOVE the idea of giving realms more control over title customization/awarding of honorary titles.. Though I do see a lot of potential problems with that, most of which have already been echoed in previous posts in this thread..

A good chess player plays 3 moves ahead, A great chess player plays 1 move ahead, but it's always the right move.