Author Topic: The Shmaeless Swordfell Recruitment Thread  (Read 7852 times)

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
The Shmaeless Swordfell Recruitment Thread
« Topic Start: December 02, 2017, 11:39:35 PM »
Aight, I haven't found one so I'm making one. It's the first time I make one so go easy on me.

However controversial was the Titan rulling, Swordfell after it is pretty much the exact opposite of Swordfell before it. Where there was a glass ceiling now is a cloudless sky. Some of the most fun new players have characters there and all we need to make it flourish with life is a breath of fresh air. And as a bonus - some most powerful fellas on the continent want to erase Sworfell, so if you enjoy challange, always take the stairs instead of elevator when you carry a fridge to 10th floor, never look on image when solving puzzles, or if you like the idea of navigating your way through shattered Republic - here we are! ;)

PS. How was I? Good recruitment thread? Crap recruitment thread?
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Shmaeless Swordfell Recruitment Thread
« Reply #1: December 03, 2017, 12:11:10 AM »
Not sure people want to serve Crixus though. Isn't Swordfell pretty much Crixus' plaything? He holds half of the high ranking positions.

MTYL

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 03, 2017, 12:27:00 AM »
You haven't heard? Titans ruled that Crixus can't hold any government positions for the next two month. All positions are up for grabs, no glass ceiling.
_____

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 03, 2017, 12:32:08 AM »
Two months? What did he do to deserve that?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 03, 2017, 12:56:52 AM »
Two months? What did he do to deserve that?

Strategic secession, on top of years of micromanaging the entire realm of Swordfell as if it were a single-player RTS.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 03, 2017, 01:21:56 AM »
Well sounds like he was asking for it. Micromanaging a whole realm for years? And people actually let him do it? Sounds crazy.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 03, 2017, 01:46:40 AM »
Well sounds like he was asking for it. Micromanaging a whole realm for years? And people actually let him do it? Sounds crazy.

As crazy as it is, is that actually against the rules?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 03, 2017, 01:56:39 AM »
As crazy as it is, is that actually against the rules?

In our judgement, the degree to which Crixus was doing it rose to the level of harassment, and was hugely detrimental to the experience of playing in Swordfell.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 03, 2017, 01:59:51 AM »
In our judgement, the degree to which Crixus was doing it rose to the level of harassment, and was hugely detrimental to the experience of playing in Swordfell.

Fair enough. Besides, I wasn't there, and I condemn that kind of behavior anyways.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anderfhstim

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: December 03, 2017, 06:29:05 AM »
All hail Crixus the Second! I mean Max!

MTYL

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: December 03, 2017, 06:45:40 AM »
All hail Crixus the Second! I mean Max!

Totally same thing. Carbon copy of one another, right? I take it you have a character in Swordfell?
_____

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 03, 2017, 08:41:02 AM »
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to give this warning once and I will give it early as I see hostility arising:

Let's keep this thread friendly. If you're here only to poke and anger others, then please don't post. The forum is an ooc place among players.

Swordfell has as much a right to such a thread as any other nation, so I don't intend to remove it, so in stead will remove troublemakers who try to ruin it.

Having said that, I'd avoid discussing the titan decision here and if you want to talk about it, make a new topic.

I'm curious to see what will happen with Swordfell as most know who deal with my char on Dwilight.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Lancaster

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: December 06, 2017, 07:04:11 PM »
Historically, yes, Swordfell was a bit top heavy in terms of realm leadership. However, with the recent "changes" that have undergone at the top, there is tremendous opportunity in the realm right now.

New leadership and openings, ongoing wars with neighbors, and budding colony realms right next door. Probably the most fun the realm has been in a bit, even with the chaos.

Anderfhstim

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: December 06, 2017, 09:43:13 PM »
They also just won the war against Astrum. Beating a realm twice their size. Pretty impressive.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: December 06, 2017, 10:09:27 PM »
They also just won the war against Astrum. Beating a realm twice their size. Pretty impressive.

That is just utterly rediculous. They didn't win the war, peace was signed on a deal suitable for all parties involved. Swordfell had no way of winning this one.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela