Author Topic: Rejected: Make descriptions of statues and monuments editable  (Read 1935 times)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Title: What it says above
Summary: Add a button to edit existing statues or monuments. Maybe not their descriptions only of course.
Details: Summary should be enough
Benefits: Don't know about now but before descriptions sometimes glitched out and produced something like the following example:  Nifelleisca, the Founder of . Adding an edit button will allow players to fix it.
Possible Downsides or Exploits: Obviosuly people can and will probably edit existing statues or monuments however they like but we already have region descriptions that can be edited by anyone. So why should this be an exception.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:41:18 PM by Wimpie »

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Because region descriptions have a quality process and are distinctly different than a statue or monument meant to memorialize something. That someone paid hundreds of gold for so some new lord months/years later can edit it to something they want? I don't see any reason to approve this (if there's a glitch, contact an admin to manually fix it), and if there were an edit function, I think it should cost a pretty penny as you are essentially re-engraving the memorial statue or monument.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Because region descriptions have a quality process and are distinctly different than a statue or monument meant to memorialize something. That someone paid hundreds of gold for so some new lord months/years later can edit it to something they want? I don't see any reason to approve this (if there's a glitch, contact an admin to manually fix it), and if there were an edit function, I think it should cost a pretty penny as you are essentially re-engraving the memorial statue or monument.

I asked this to be fixed months ago. It hasn't been fixed. I'd rather see this added because you need to constantly bug devs to fix things like this. I'd rather have a system, even if it costs some gold, where it will not involve a dev. Since this actually requires the live server access, there are only two people who can fix this. One being you Vita` who isn't around that often and the other being Anaris who is really busy.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I agree with Vita on this one. I would even go further to never actually have someone edit a statue at all, even when paid much. Tear it down and build a new one if you're so keen on making something of your own?

If it's just to fix special character codings that go wrong, you should bug a dev or make a bugreport. But first of all, the bug that caused these special chars to appear this way should be fixed, so it doesn't happen again.

@Vita: You have any idea that was fixed in the past already?

And yes, you can only poke 2 people for this. And I know how hard it can be to get ahold of those two  ;D
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Bah. Not a big deal I guess. I will just leave it be.