Author Topic: Is it normal for a new ruler to lose all titles/gov positions and duchies?  (Read 24759 times)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Sol on Dwilight has had a rough time of late. Split off from their original Realm, then their ruler and Swordfell's were deposed by the Titan's because they decided it was cheating.

Not that Titans THOUGHT splitting off from the original realm was cheating. That was cheating because it happened in the middle of an ongoing war and the capital was located inside of the realm they were fighting. Because of this, the new realm has managed to shortened the distance to the front line significantly. Plus people involved did it while knowing it would grant them advantages. According to Anaris, Crixus in particular was punished heavily as he was caught breaching other rules on top.

We're all doing it as "totally not a coup detat",  so nicey nicey, but there's probably no way the former rulers are getting back their positions easily.

They should be able to run for elections/be appointed in 2 months.

And so, I'm now Imperator of Sol. IE, ruler.
But I was banker (Overseer) and general (Archmarshal), now I'm not.
I'm also not Lord of my previous region, a mountain region called North Divide.
The Realm of Sol also has no duchies instituted any more.

You are no longer a lord because you are a ruler. You can't have a liege who has you as his/her liege. Not sure about banker and general positions.

I did accidentally appoint one of the accused by the Titans as Archmarshal, but only because our recently established government was stripped of all positions. I would have appointed her Overseer, instead, in hindsight.

I believe the character that was punished can't run for positions he/she was stripped of. So for any other positions, that person can run/be appointed.

Is all this normal?
No duchies, no positions for the new ruler, can only appoint one person to one position, realm "resurfaced" to new, just because I ran for Ruler? Kind of seems like another kick to the crotch after all we've been through, that few seem to see as "against the spirit of the game" anyway.

Your duchy should still be there but the position of duke should be empty. You can appoint yourself to the duchy probably. Unless you are new to the ruler position and unfamiliar with how to do it.

You are not supposed to hoard all positions. If your realm is that small, then maybe you should seriously consider recruiting more people or shouldn't have seceded in the first place. Maybe thinking before acting would have helped? Then again it wasn't really your fault for being stuck in that position. I feel bad you are paying for what your ruler and Crixus did but they had to be punished. That is why Titans did what they did. They don't do it just so they can screw people over. I don't get why people think that way.