Author Topic: Is it normal for a new ruler to lose all titles/gov positions and duchies?  (Read 24753 times)

Purrcious

• Knight
    • View Profile
I think I'm just another fool who thinks this situation is handled poorly like Max, we're both Swordfells.

First of all, MTYL, I just found this thread and sorry if I decided to quit on you. I just read your OOC letter to me in game but it was a little too late for me to reply, 2 letters and 1 notification that Max has been deleted.

Let me just say that from my POV, it seems like the punishment doesn't accomplish what it intended to do. In other games, when you are cheating you get suspended or permanently banned depending on the gravity of the sin. So for discussion sake, let's say Crixus did cheat.

The Strategic Secession
Somehow people in Swordfell has been talking that the secession were planned from the time Astrum we're planning to install a new realm there. If so this has been months before the war but I don't have evidence. Let's just say that this is confirmed as actual strategic secession. The first punishment is a good wakeup call for him and could even be suspended from the game for a week!

The Hoarding of Power
I seriously can't find anywhere in the Wiki where this is written.

And if it's there somewhere:
Why remove him from the positions he was elected on? Are there evidences, that he coerced every Swordfell player into voting him? Why aren't people running against him? Is he threatening them in-game too?

Wouldn't overthrowing him in the game through rebellion and war be more awesome in experience and history stand point? Swordfell is a republic and I don't think Crixus will be there in position if the nobles under him don't want him there. Are there people in the realm dissatisfied with it? Then they aren't doing enough to battle the norm and yet we punish those who work to keep that power in there. To me, if I favor Crixus, it just feels like someone powerplayed and took the opportunity to get what intended all along with the help of a titan decision rather than plotting, scheming, and working with other people.

Repeated Offence
I've also heard that Crixus has been crossing the rules repeatedly already. Then wouldn't it be more sensible to just ban him outright so he can't try to bull!@#$ his way out dragging 5 nobles out of the game/realm with him because of some OOC message?

note: People here can't believe how the nobles of Swordfell live under the rule of Crixus. I play Purrcious of Vix in EC (democracy), Spindel of Fronen (republic). Swordfell's tyrannical environment was a really different way of playing especially knowing all the ruckus Crixus has been putting SA into. In all the games I played, I learned one thing important. Don't expect your fun to be the same fun as the others. I have paused nobles who've been jumping realms before Swordfell, Dwilight needed a war and Crixus was the villain we needed and now he's gone. RIP.

TLDR: I'm confused and disappointed but moving on.
Calm like a Tiger, Quick like a Cheetah, Fierce like a Lion,
Silent like a Puma, Agile like a Jaguar, Lazy like a House Cat!