Author Topic: Annual Check-In  (Read 20503 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Annual Check-In
« Topic Start: December 03, 2017, 11:20:35 PM »
Hello,

Old player peering back in to the community in what seems like my annual "check-in" with BM.

I played the game from about 2007-2013. What's the state of the game these days? It sure was great back in the day.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Annual Check-In
« Reply #1: December 04, 2017, 12:10:08 AM »
Oh it is that time of the year? Good to see you again Perth.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 04, 2017, 12:43:59 AM »
Oh it is that time of the year? Good to see you again Perth.

Just seems like about once a year now BM pops in my head and I get a nostalgic desire to come back. I think I tried a bout a year ago, but didn't last. I'd like to maybe try again, but was curious about those who are stil around's opinions on the game.

And thanks! You as well, Lap.

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 04, 2017, 01:12:41 AM »
Eh it is still the same game with maybe slightly less people. A lot of wars going on at the moment but nothing new. A big war happening on EC. Smaller ones on BT and Dwi. If you are thinking of coming back though I'd suggest checking which realms are at war first. But yeah overall, the game is still the same.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 04, 2017, 01:42:54 AM »
Welcome back :)

Go join each island and random select a realm, then if you dont like playing there, can pause the character.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 04, 2017, 01:51:12 AM »
Welcome back :)

Go join each island and random select a realm, then if you dont like playing there, can pause the character.

I don't know. As always, there are more bad realms than good ones.

Unfortunately it's hard to really find the good ones when out of touch with a continent, even the terrible realms often have people preaching for them.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 04, 2017, 03:14:15 AM »
I don't know. As always, there are more bad realms than good ones.

Unfortunately it's hard to really find the good ones when out of touch with a continent, even the terrible realms often have people preaching for them.

Indeed, I made a character last year on EC in an attempt to kind of get back in, but that didn't last long, I guess.

Open to suggestions for (perhaps the few) good places to go? I'm so out of the loop Atamara and Western Dwilight were still around last time I really played.

Dwilight was always my favorite, though.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 04, 2017, 04:20:40 AM »
There is a war going on on Dwilight.

Astrum vs Swordfell, Sol.

I don't know if you know Crixus but he just got punished and lost all his titles which made other nobles to replace him. Now nobody knows what is going to happen. Western Dwilight has only one realm, Westgard. If you fancy fighting monsters 24/7, that is the best place to go. Otherwise, you can probably choose between Astrum, Sol, and Swordfell. Sol is a puppet created by Swordfell.

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 04, 2017, 06:41:36 AM »
Hey Perth.

EC - Huge war, South versus north. Interesting Realms would be Vix Tiramora (democracy) Highmarch (democracy) Sirion (contains the Xavax regugees)

Dwi - Blood Star war over Unterstrom. Swordfell split in two, Leader was removed and now its all up for grabs. Astrum versus Swordfell and Sol (Southern Swordfell) with other realms possible to join in.

BE - War in the north west over Firbolt area. What used to be spearhold and sint. Big RP real in the South, Obia'Syela but there's also the Shattered Vales. Both are RP realms. The Obia is a theocracy based on a belief in Magic. Against Daimons and very much got a dynamic going on which entails Templars versus Inquisitors.

And more of course, stick your nose in and look around.

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: December 04, 2017, 07:09:50 AM »
Hey Perth, I don't know you, I wasn't playing in your times. Not true, I was for like 3-4 days back in 08 or 09 I believe. As you can see:

There is a war going on on Dwilight.

Astrum vs Swordfell, Sol.

I don't know if you know Crixus but he just got punished and lost all his titles which made other nobles to replace him. Now nobody knows what is going to happen. Western Dwilight has only one realm, Westgard. If you fancy fighting monsters 24/7, that is the best place to go. Otherwise, you can probably choose between Astrum, Sol, and Swordfell. Sol is a puppet created by Swordfell.

OOC bull!@#$ing is still a thing. ;)
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: December 04, 2017, 08:12:35 AM »
If that's BS, then blame those involved for not clarifying, because that exactly the same thing I've been hearing from everyone on the continent.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

MTYL

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 04, 2017, 08:29:32 AM »
While that would allow you to call it a puppet IC, forums are OOC area and surely I don't have to explain that only those players who have characters in Sol can say if it's a puppet or not. I've never heard any of those players claiming Sol to be anything of the sort. Neither IC nor OOC. In fact, the only person that has anything to say about puppetry (or lack there-of) of Sol stated it's independence numerous times on almost all channels available to them, many of them reaching most of the continent.
_____

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: December 04, 2017, 08:31:40 AM »
The only data some realms get is what our rulers feel like giving us. Remember that tidbit. Regardless of the facts, that's how RP goes. I'm sure we've all had our fair share of headaches from fabricated propaganda - whether conscious or otherwise. That's just how it goes.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

MTYL

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: December 04, 2017, 08:52:02 AM »
And I get that that's how it goes IC. I have no issue with that. But bringing it OOC? Isn't one of the most important rules of battlemaster to play it as you would among friends? Would you lie OOC to a friend in order to get in-game advantage? I wouldn't. I don't speak OOC about Astrum because I know that my knowledge is likely incomplete and my view biased.
_____

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: December 04, 2017, 08:53:44 AM »
Please let's not get into that discussion (again) and try to welcome Perth back into the game with some nice words and descriptions of interesting realms!
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)