Author Topic: Annual Check-In  (Read 20527 times)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
Re: Annual Check-In
« Reply #15: December 04, 2017, 12:08:44 PM »
Obia'Syela in BT has been a highly intriguing experience thus far. Haven't see this much RP in years, to be frank
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: December 04, 2017, 12:46:54 PM »
Just seems like about once a year now BM pops in my head and I get a nostalgic desire to come back. I think I tried a bout a year ago, but didn't last. I'd like to maybe try again, but was curious about those who are stil around's opinions on the game.

Same with me. Now it seems I will be around for some time, since I'm earning Medals like a champ.  8)

Obia'Syela in BT has been a highly intriguing experience thus far. Haven't see this much RP in years, to be frank

Maybe I should go there with my char in BT. Gotland promised him lands, but the realms didn't captivate me. And they didn't pay me!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 12:49:00 PM by Eduardo Almighty »
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: December 04, 2017, 03:08:01 PM »
You definitely should! Obia'Syela is very fun for someone who likes RP-oriented way of playing battlemaster. RP-wise it's probably the best realm I've been to.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: December 04, 2017, 06:06:29 PM »
Ahhhh... did you all diverge into an IC/OOC argument just to satisfy some of my old nostalgia? So nice of you.  ;D

Sounds like there are some fun things going on on both BT and DWI. Might try to plop down somewhere in there!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: December 04, 2017, 07:45:16 PM »
Ahhhh... did you all diverge into an IC/OOC argument just to satisfy some of my old nostalgia? So nice of you.  ;D

Sounds like there are some fun things going on on both BT and DWI. Might try to plop down somewhere in there!

We would love having you  ;)

And bring some friends, while you're at it!
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: December 04, 2017, 10:41:24 PM »
Huh, your name seems eerily familiar... Like I'm going to head-desk-palm-face once it clicks in mind. When did you last play in Terran, according to your family wiki? Curiously, we have both marshaled the Phantarian Pride. (once upon a time)
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: December 04, 2017, 10:58:30 PM »
Wait. Kale... Perth? Were you the Marshal /General of Terran around 2012/2013?

Can't remember the surname, but I swear that Kale was the name of the guy who first gave me a chance to shine in BattleMaster; way back circa 2011-2012 when a nobody called Alura Aurea became the Phantarian Pride/Terran's vice-marshal, marshal, and then ruler. Thanks to him/you(?), I learned the ropes through Alura and ended up falling in love with this game.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I swear I think I've got the right guy?

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: December 05, 2017, 02:24:36 AM »
Huh, your name seems eerily familiar... Like I'm going to head-desk-palm-face once it clicks in mind. When did you last play in Terran, according to your family wiki? Curiously, we have both marshaled the Phantarian Pride. (once upon a time)

Can't remember the surname, but I swear that Kale was the name of the guy who first gave me a chance to shine in BattleMaster; way back circa 2011-2012 when a nobody called Alura Aurea became the Phantarian Pride/Terran's vice-marshal, marshal, and then ruler. Thanks to him/you(?), I learned the ropes through Alura and ended up falling in love with this game.

That is indeed the same Kale! Kale Perth helped build the old Maroccidens... Melodia, then Terran, and was the Duke who created Phantaria after the Terran republic's collapse/Hireshmont II's theocratic power grab.

I remember you/Alura, indeed! Alura was Kale's right hand for a long time! One his closest allies/supporters.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: December 05, 2017, 02:31:07 AM »

Terran/Phantaria, good times. Invading it especially, would have been really cool to see how all that drama would have played out had the west not been closed.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: December 05, 2017, 02:45:04 AM »

That is indeed the same Kale! Kale Perth helped build the old Maroccidens... Melodia, then Terran, and was the Duke who created Phantaria after the Terran republic's collapse/Hireshmont II's theocratic power grab.

I remember you/Alura, indeed! Alura was Kale's right hand for a long time! One his closest allies/supporters.

I am humbled by your memory. It was an honor to serve, and I sorely apologize for disappearing as I did. Though the real world takes precedent, it seems neither of us could rebuke the siren call of BM and found our way back through the mists of time. ;)

I am extremely glad to have you back! If Masalu wins the election for Qubel in D'hara-DW, or you happen to join BT-Obia'Syela (or EC, once plans proceed a bit), I would be profoundly honored to return the favor. To think, my old mentor as a knight of my banner!

You were a damn fine mentor, alongside JeVondair. The two of you are the reason both my victorious exploits and hilarious defeats were possible.

Welcome home, Kale.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: December 05, 2017, 06:28:47 PM »
Terran/Phantaria, good times. Invading it especially, would have been really cool to see how all that drama would have played out had the west not been closed.

Some of my best times in BM. The old Maroccidens was a great place/community/atmosphere.

I am humbled by your memory. It was an honor to serve, and I sorely apologize for disappearing as I did. Though the real world takes precedent, it seems neither of us could rebuke the siren call of BM and found our way back through the mists of time. ;)

I am extremely glad to have you back! If Masalu wins the election for Qubel in D'hara-DW, or you happen to join BT-Obia'Syela (or EC, once plans proceed a bit), I would be profoundly honored to return the favor. To think, my old mentor as a knight of my banner!

You were a damn fine mentor, alongside JeVondair. The two of you are the reason both my victorious exploits and hilarious defeats were possible.

Welcome home, Kale.

Oh, I quit the game not to long after the Phantaria experiment. So no worries! Glad you made it back to BM. I hope my try this time around will stick for a while.

I'm going to stick with just 1 charcter on DWI for a little bit so I can concentrate and get myself back into things. My next character is definitely going to EC/Obia'Syela though. Sounds very interesting from what I've heard!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 06:30:40 PM by Perth »

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: December 05, 2017, 09:33:51 PM »
Definitely will be! I'm pushing to re-establish Xavax, a realm I founded on EC when they unfroze the south back in 2015-16ish. A product of love, long-nights, and tons of intrigue. Don't have too much time on my hands these days, what with working 3 jobs, but what I can spare I spend on BM. Haven't had time to game in over a year, so its nice to get back into things.

You'll love Obia'Syela. Finest group of rp-intensive loons I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. ;)

Edit: I did the same. Started with Sigrid in EC. Week or so later, the half-mute sumerian death-cultist Masalu in D'hara-DW. Last week or so, Yxevarii in Obia'Syela-BT.

Patient and procedural is the best way, lest ye burn out.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:35:59 PM by CryptCypher »

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: December 05, 2017, 10:51:52 PM »
Week or so later, the half-mute sumerian death-cultist Masalu in D'hara-DW.

Half-mute sumerian death-cultist? How come our chars on DW didn't met? We need a tinder on dwi for twisted bergsonian pseudo-naturalists. ( If sumerian death-cultists weren't deceived by the silly dualistic division on psyche and sarka they would essentially be twisted bergsonian pseudo-naturalists and mythology would still remain coherent under simpler philosophical frame. Pay no mind to "deceived by silly dualistic etc." it was tongue-in-cheek ;) )
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: December 05, 2017, 11:23:34 PM »
We need a tinder on dwi  )

Oh my. I smell a dating guild in the works!

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: December 06, 2017, 02:26:45 AM »
BattleTinder!(tm) Specializing in battlefield weddings and casual noble hook-ups since the Age of Expansion!

Disclaimer: BattleTinder is not financially, morally, or politically responsible for the inception of any bastards resulting from the use of guild services. Fees are non-refundable. As per our Terms of Conduct, we reserve the right to share certain freely-accessible data with our merchant guild affiliates: such as name, political affiliation, unit size, class, dynasty, honor, presige, guild membership, and artifacts-held. We cannot be held liable for any political or marital conflicts resulting from the use of our services. Our basic monthly subscription package is 10 gold; the intermediate continental package is 15 gold; master-level global network access is 20 gold. Prices and services offered are subject to change without notice. Those in violation of our Terms of Conduct are subject to immediate termination without refund. BattleTinder is a secular, apolitical platform and as such does not discriminate against Elves, Daemons, Xavax, Bastards, SanguisAstroists, Serpentis, or any particular dynasty, culture, realm, continent, faith, or guild.