Author Topic: The Life of a Bastard - Assorted RPs of Hrafn Skovgaard  (Read 10872 times)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
I like it :) Where was it posted?
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Sent it to Sigrid  ::)
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Logged in and saw it - forwarded to Redhaven.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Alone in the Dark

Hrafn had set up his tent in a clearing in Braga. After another hunt, he lit the bonfire and sat down to inspect the spoils of the day. His life now was pure silence. There were no conversations, almost no letters. His language had become a dialect of monstrous guttural grunts and exotic body language. Sometimes, when he left the hunting grounds, he would see a relative in the distance, on the farms or on the roads. He no longer allowed himself to be seen, returning to his mantle of shadows. His life was loneliness.

That night he had noticed the movement of the armies, the scent and the sound of battle. He imagined that the young Serpentis was there. For a moment he dreamed about Sigrid; maybe she was there too. He didn’t know. It mattered very little now. His black, dirty fingers flipped over his bag as he caught the rustle of the leaves, the wind hissing and a shadow bulging over him, making the fire almost quench. He felt clean, pure fingers touching his tangled hair.

Erik Eyolf: “Can I sit down and eat with you, son?”

Erik smiled fraternally while Hrafn covered the ground with a bear hide. All he had for dinner was a little beer and some honeycomb. He was thin, unrecognizable, covered with scars and old blood. Still, at no time did Erik show disgust or contempt. His white and red cloak looked impressively clean; even so, he sat there with his son, drank the beer and shared the honey. Hrafn didn’t know what to say, it was as if there were simply no more words to get out of him. Then Erik just smiled and kept the silence too. Father and son just staring each other for a long time with the fire crackling between them. In the end, no words needed to be said between them. A silent tear left its mark in the crow’s face, like fresh, clean water running through a filthy ditch. He tried not to blink, but inevitably, it happened. Erik was not there anymore. In his place there was only a bear hide over the dry leaves, a fallen keg of beer and a honeycomb attracting the ants. Hrafn wanted to scream, to eviscerate himself with his own bare hands, filling the night with his pain, his blood and his voice.

However, there was only silence. There was no Erik and there was no Sigrid, only the incautious night of Braga and the monsters approaching. The exiled gathered up his things, left the fire behind and disappeared into the darkness.

Serpentis again!

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
After searching the area for 1 hours, following trails and noises, you finally encounter a small horde of monsters.
You notice that they have a leader, an alpha monster, a really big and ugly one, whatever you want to call it.
You fight with everything you've got - but the monsters turn out too strong or too many for you. And then things start to go badly.
You can not get away from them, and find yourself surrounded! You fight against the evil beasts, and then you face the big one. Its first bite crushes your shield as if it were made of light wood. Then it comes for you. You fight with everything you've got, but its teeth are as long as your sword and its hide is thicker than your armour. You can dodge most of its blows, but then it takes off your arm cleanly at the shoulder. Then you smell its stinky breath, and its mouth closes on you. It is over quickly, you barely feel how it chews you. Then darkness.
You have been killed. Alone and outnumbered, you are dead.

I believe Sigrid is paused and the player is gone for a while, anyway... here's the last day of Hrafn Skovgaard Serpentis, first a noble, then banned, become and adv... and now dead.
Serpentis again!

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
Wait, is that possible? I mean noble becoming an advy. Or was it RPed (noble character deleted and advy with the same name created)?
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
It was RPed... I lost my old acc, returned with a new one with a new family name to play Erik's bastards... then deleted the acc to return with the Serpentis and decided to use Hrafn as adv. You can read the entire saga in this topic and in Ehrendil's one.
Serpentis again!

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
It was RPed... I lost my old acc, returned with a new one with a new family name to play Erik's bastards... then deleted the acc to return with the Serpentis and decided to use Hrafn as adv. You can read the entire saga in this topic and in Ehrendil's one.

A sad end to one hell of a legacy :( Sigrid's back, for the record. My laptop had shat out and I never quite had the time to come back until recently. Perhaps Hrafn could make a comeback as well, whether noble or advy? I think I'm in... Eponllyn. Yeah, that one.