Author Topic: new banner for a new realm  (Read 4146 times)

hugeholmes

• Peasant
    • View Profile
new banner for a new realm
« Topic Start: November 29, 2017, 09:54:11 AM »
not sure why it won't let me upload this icon for a banner. Any help?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: new banner for a new realm
« Reply #1: November 29, 2017, 03:05:23 PM »
When you say "won't let", what is the error it is giving you?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

hugeholmes

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 29, 2017, 06:54:30 PM »
when selecting the banners it says they need to be a png which they are. They let me select them but the greyed out upload button does not unlock for me to do so. I also get these errors when I mess around with the two pics.

The icon file must be a .png or .gif. Did you read the directions?

I have read the directions and it is a png.

not sure where to go from here.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 29, 2017, 07:14:48 PM »
Two simple suggestions:

1) Please try changing the file extension from ".PNG" to ".png". It is unlikely, but possible, that it is being stupid about capital letters.

2) Do you have Javascript turned off? You will need it on to make sure the game can re-enable the button when you have selected a file.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

hugeholmes

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 29, 2017, 10:32:24 PM »
I am unable to change the capitals and as for javascript, I'm not sure. Not going to lie, I am not too good with this type of computing.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 29, 2017, 10:47:42 PM »
...You say it won't let you upload this as a banner. What are you trying to upload as the icon?
Timothy Collett

hugeholmes

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 30, 2017, 07:14:41 PM »
I've been given an icon and a banner. I've tried both in the two slots. I've switched them and vice versa and it tells me it needs to be a png for which it is. I've tried what combinations the page allows.

hugeholmes

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 30, 2017, 07:17:29 PM »
Banner File:Angbandbanner.PNG

Icon File:Angbandicon.PNG

Banner Name:Angband

The icon file must be a .png or .gif. Did you read the directions?

This is what I get

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 30, 2017, 07:30:07 PM »
Please try it now. I have added a little bit of extra code that should prevent it from objecting to upper-case file extensions.
Timothy Collett

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: December 01, 2017, 03:13:10 PM »
Please try it now. I have added a little bit of extra code that should prevent it from objecting to upper-case file extensions.

Software can be funny sometimes.  ;D
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

hugeholmes

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: December 06, 2017, 07:27:51 AM »
My thanks. It was able to upload. Now, i've been waiting several day for the banner to upload. Should I do something different?

Best,

Again, my thanks on the code help.

Best,

DG