Author Topic: Unique item bonus question - Swordfighting  (Read 3547 times)

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Unique item bonus question - Swordfighting
« Topic Start: December 04, 2017, 10:58:29 PM »
For example:
An adventurer has maxed their swordfighting skill... will the swordfighting bonus from a unique item still give an increase in the skill, or will it not improve beyond a characters natural maximum, therfore no point in using the item?
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Unique item bonus question - Swordfighting
« Reply #1: December 04, 2017, 11:26:22 PM »
A unique item can indeed increase a character's effective skill beyond 100%.

However, adventurers will always be limited by their gear, and that can't (AFAIK) go over 100%.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 04, 2017, 11:32:53 PM »
That's good to know.

My character has had 100% gear for quite some time, but I expect the actual skill is not yet maxed (Haven't been to an academy for some time. Maybe it's time to revisit for curiosity).
At least I know the items will always be worthwhile.

Thanks for confirming.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 05, 2017, 03:10:59 AM »
A unique item can indeed increase a character's effective skill beyond 100%.

However, adventurers will always be limited by their gear, and that can't (AFAIK) go over 100%.

Does this restriction apply to all gameplay (hunting, duels, infiltrator attacks, etc.), or just hunting?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 05, 2017, 03:16:04 AM »
There are only combat and adventure gears. So the restriction only applies to those two.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 05, 2017, 03:26:41 PM »
Does this restriction apply to all gameplay (hunting, duels, infiltrator attacks, etc.), or just hunting?

It applies to every use of the Adventuring and Swordfighting skills for adventurers.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 06, 2017, 08:37:31 PM »

Just re-reading this thread, not sure if I got it right or not. Adventurers are limited to 100% by gear and can go no further by normal means. Does this mean unique items will not be beneficial for an adventurer at 100% skill level already? or can the bonus still apply to adventurers at this level?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 06, 2017, 08:44:14 PM »

Just re-reading this thread, not sure if I got it right or not. Adventurers are limited to 100% by gear and can go no further by normal means. Does this mean unique items will not be beneficial for an adventurer at 100% skill level already? or can the bonus still apply to adventurers at this level?

No matter what, adventurers cannot increase their skill past the level their gear allows. Thus, bonuses from unique items cannot improve adventurers' skill past 100%.
Timothy Collett

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 07, 2017, 12:07:11 AM »
That's clear in my mind now,
Thanks again.