Author Topic: The New Xavax  (Read 38423 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: The New Xavax
« Reply #75: December 13, 2017, 06:45:48 PM »

...As the player who came up with most of the Xavax lore years before Xavax existed, inserting it into the early realm (both as a psychological experiment, and as tribute to the death Atamara. Hence why I created the Phoenix cult and called our king "Xerarch", among other bits. We'll miss you, Atamara.) I'd like to think my lovecraftian lovechild is still alive and well. Granted, its been mutated time-and-again into something altogether unique, but its both satisfying and horribly eerie how it still holds true to the ideological foundations and repeats the lore of feverish late-night type-a-thons.

You can try to wipe Magnus from Xavax history but he lives on every single time Xavax echo his crazy phoenix cult of pride and meritocratic imperialism. :P 

We seem to remember the same history very differently. Unfortunately, I did not begin recording Xavax history until Jan 2017, over 8 IG years after the fateful Xavax Civil War

Can someone ooc explain the Paragon bit? While it draws deep parallels with the framework of the phoenix cult, I have a feeling that is mostly accidental and that the Path faith was in fact designed to deviate from the old Phoenix pagan cult. Retain just enough to warrant conversion, the usual assimilation tactic.

Little known fact: Xavax faith, identity, and culture was designed in reference to Hebrew, Sumerian, and Egyptian mythology. The more modern bits were designed to echo Israel.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Path_of_Paragons
The Phoenix Cult never took off; It's only torchbearer didn't have the time. The Path was founded years later, almost a decade IG, with the doubledeath of Ulfang Mormont, the First Paragon. It's entirely heroic ancestor worship more in line with what you'd find in Norse, Chinese, or Greek mythos. The author of that religion was one of the original Knights of the Black Swan and sadly no longer plays.

Remember all those people saying they'd never tolerate Selenia as Xerarch? I wonder what happened to them :P
They, particularly Kellan Dodger, made it their mission to make my life...interesting. I credit KD in particular with tipping the first domino that eventually brought Selenia to her knees.

Xaligus is just a bit wierd. Are you really expecting that many Caligan refugees to come over to the NX immediately after being wiped out by them?I have a fun feeling there'll end up being southern Xavax and northern Xavax, the difference being those who have deemed to have "sold out" to the south or were prepared to redact Selenia in exchange for Fontan. I don't doubt these two nations will have a vast difference in culture and may not get along as well as might be thought. The word "traitor" is being flung around a lot in Sirion. What about Xerachim/Xerachar for ruler names?

It's unclear what the Caligan knights will do. I imagine their players will find IG reasons to go wherever the fun on the Island is. Despite a relatively bad reputation, Sirion may see some new refugees. If not that, then their only immediate choices would be with the Xavax or with Vix/Highmarch as the latter are currently having a blast, lol. I do agree that if the Xavax Schism isn't healed, we could end up seeing a war between the two Xavax factions that will occur primarily in the north and east. Idk if I dread or relish the notion. I can't deny that seeing two Xavax realms at eachother's throats would be exhilarating, even if I could never join in the fun. The whole "Who's the true Xerarch" here...It reminds me of the Eastern and Western Popes. Near as I can tell, this Xavax Schism was primarily driven without initial malicious intent by Asher Renodin, with Sigrid Aru'un in a supporting role and opposed to the Phoenix [Old] Guard that includes Selenia's ruling council and other recognized princes.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"