Author Topic: The New Xavax  (Read 38414 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: The New Xavax
« Reply #75: December 14, 2017, 05:38:36 PM »

A lot of the most fundamental aspects of Xavax culture were put into place during those earliest days, even before your arrival - to the point where arriving Xavax of your and later generations fell into two camps: those who immediately donned the Xavax mantle of public lore and those who wanted to reform Xavax in their own image/perspective.
Yeah no, I don't remember any of that considering Selenia was the 5th person in the realm and arrived a day after it opened so I'd be curious to see what set-up I missed. We were still land-locked at the time and could only go two regions out from the capital. I remember Selenia urged her supporters to vote for Magnus as first ruler in exchange for the Duchy of Xavax that guaranteed him the win against a former Atamaran queen named Viridiana Sovari. While you and Magnus may have had a very clear vision of Xavax, the rest of us were mostly confused, both OOC and IC, because Magnus himself was erratic and prone to melodrama. Most of Selenia's time as Duchess was spent alternately trying to keep Magnus from exacerbating his nobles while at the same time trying to keep the malcontents from starting an open rebellion. Ultimately, despite doing my best, she failed at both...which is pretty much a metaphor for her entire career.

As for the Black Swan, that occurred after the rebellion when Perdan first entered the Xavax Wars. I did a bit of recruiting and Mozzoni and I made up an RP in September 2016 to cover it. They formed a sort of "new" guard. Only 2-3 players of the original 12 knights are still active in the game. But by our height we had over 60 noble families in Xavax sharing the tiny, tiny tax income Xavax provided.
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Greater_Xavax/Black_Swan

Most everything of note that you missed is squirreled away on the Xavax wiki somewhere. Please don't split the Xavax into two opposed groups, the wiki-upkeep will become a nightmare  :-X
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"