Author Topic: The New Xavax  (Read 37769 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The New Xavax
« Reply #45: December 12, 2017, 02:36:53 AM »
I like Xaligus

Love it.

That said, I agree that recreating a realm with an old one's name is to be discouraged. But only if it's using the exact same name. Recycling or referring to another realm's name, though, I quite enjoy, as it makes the realm feel like it has a deeper connection to the game world, and isn't just some random name pulled out of someone's ass. I have no issues with some formulation of "New Xavax".
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anderfhstim

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: December 12, 2017, 02:39:50 AM »
I like Xaligus

Why not Cavax? Or Calax?

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: December 12, 2017, 03:08:02 AM »
I concur with Chenier.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: December 12, 2017, 07:07:13 AM »
I actually prefer Novus Xavax rather than a random other name. I actually like the fact that politically it may not be the wisest but they still go for it. It adds to culture and fun I think.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: December 12, 2017, 08:36:18 AM »
Let see how this new realm in Fontan goes then.

One thing for sure.

Xavax found new realm in Fontan city, and destroy Caligus in process.

After that, Caligus nobles turn to find a new realm.

What?
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Anderfhstim

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: December 12, 2017, 08:56:51 AM »
Xavax+Caligus+Fontan = Xacafon, Xalitan, Xagutan ...too many options.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: December 12, 2017, 09:19:42 AM »
Xavax found new realm in Fontan city, and destroy Caligus in process.

After that, Caligus nobles turn to find a new realm.

What?

NMFP. Caligus were offered Xavax city or staying where they are and keeping three regions. They voted in a referendum to not even listen to the proposal.

So if they decide they want Xavax after all then it's too late now.

Their best bet would be to either join Highmarch and be assimilated, or to travel to Alara or Minas Nova or Perleone where the noble numbers are small enough that they'll all have opportunities to make new lives for themselves.

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: December 12, 2017, 10:58:10 AM »
A new name would be more appropriate. Whatever this new realm to be built on Caligus's bones will become, it will certainly be nothing like the Xavax of old.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but Selenia already warped Xavax into something unlike the Xavax of Old. :P
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: December 12, 2017, 10:59:20 AM »
Xaligus... *cough* SOLD!
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: December 12, 2017, 11:22:59 AM »
Novus Xavax was not our idea. That was a placeholder term in our earliest negotiations, suggested by NON-Xavax. I initially counter-suggested Xavax Novux, a play off of both our X-citing linguistic games while retaining the "idea" of "New Xavax".

...Do like Xaligus, however. Or Xaliga. Xatamara. Cinis Bennuides / Cinis Phoenixis (Ashes of the Phoenix). Or just Heliopolis, from whence hailed the Bennu myth that spawned the legend of the Phoenix. Thanks Herodotus.

...As the player who came up with most of the Xavax lore years before Xavax existed, inserting it into the early realm (both as a psychological experiment, and as tribute to the death Atamara. Hence why I created the Phoenix cult and called our king "Xerarch", among other bits. We'll miss you, Atamara.) I'd like to think my lovecraftian lovechild is still alive and well. Granted, its been mutated time-and-again into something altogether unique, but its both satisfying and horribly eerie how it still holds true to the ideological foundations and repeats the lore of feverish late-night type-a-thons.

You can try to wipe Magnus from Xavax history but he lives on every single time Xavax echo his crazy phoenix cult of pride and meritocratic imperialism. :P

Can someone ooc explain the Paragon bit? While it draws deep parallels with the framework of the phoenix cult, I have a feeling that is mostly accidental and that the Path faith was in fact designed to deviate from the old Phoenix pagan cult. Retain just enough to warrant conversion, the usual assimilation tactic.

Little known fact: Xavax faith, identity, and culture was designed in reference to Hebrew, Sumerian, and Egyptian mythology. The more modern bits were designed to echo Israel.

Edit by Gabanus: I know, but best to avoid sensative topics like this just in case so we can focus on the New Xavax and her name. Just in case
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 11:45:30 AM by Gabanus family »

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: December 12, 2017, 12:48:12 PM »
Xaligus is just a bit wierd. Are you really expecting that many Caligan refugees to come over to the NX immediately after being wiped out by them?

I have a fun feeling there'll end up being southern Xavax and northern Xavax, the difference being those who have deemed to have "sold out" to the south or were prepared to redact Selenia in exchange for Fontan. I don't doubt these two nations will have a vast difference in culture and may not get along as well as might be thought.

The word "traitor" is being flung around a lot in Sirion.

What about Xerachim/Xerachar for ruler names?

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: December 12, 2017, 12:52:19 PM »
What about call it Eriklandia? No!? Ok...
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: December 12, 2017, 01:34:46 PM »
I have a fun feeling there'll end up being southern Xavax and northern Xavax, the difference being those who have deemed to have "sold out" to the south or were prepared to redact Selenia in exchange for Fontan.

The other group actually believes the northern Xavax are betraying Selenia by not trying to build a strong new Xavax as she demanded. After all she refused just Krimml and refused to slave for Sirion.

So who's right and who's the traitor? Depends on who you ask.

Also yeah ever since Giselle and Garas Sirion has become obsessed with the word tritor it seems.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: December 12, 2017, 01:45:00 PM »
I have a fun feeling there'll end up being southern Xavax and northern Xavax

Well, logically, the lands of Caligus were once nominally part of the Greater Xavaxian empire, so the new realm in Fontan should be called North Xavax.

Then if the Sirionite Xavax ever get their own realm they could call it True Xavax.

So you'd end up with 'North Xavax' being to the south of the other Xavax. Should make the map interesting (confusing) ;)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: December 12, 2017, 02:09:44 PM »
If anything we're writing new chapters for the continent and laying the groundworks for lots of politics, intrigue, roleplays and fun. For that, I am thankful.