Author Topic: The New Xavax  (Read 37783 times)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
Re: The New Xavax
« Reply #60: December 12, 2017, 03:00:00 PM »
If anything we're writing new chapters for the continent and laying the groundworks for lots of politics, intrigue, roleplays and fun. For that, I am thankful.

Precisely~ This should prove entertaining.

"...Carry the torch. Burn those who would damn us all."
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: December 12, 2017, 03:01:24 PM »
Xaligus is just a bit wierd. Are you really expecting that many Caligan refugees to come over to the NX immediately after being wiped out by them?

I have a fun feeling there'll end up being southern Xavax and northern Xavax, the difference being those who have deemed to have "sold out" to the south or were prepared to redact Selenia in exchange for Fontan. I don't doubt these two nations will have a vast difference in culture and may not get along as well as might be thought.

The word "traitor" is being flung around a lot in Sirion.

What about Xerachim/Xerachar for ruler names?

Xerachim... Oooh, I like that.

Though, it'll be way more dramatic if we just do Xerarch and then have another Xerarch under the northern Xavax, a sort of anti-pope situation.

...If the Holy Roman Empire were Xavax, of course. Which, in a really weird way... It almost-kinda-was?
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #62: December 12, 2017, 03:10:44 PM »

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but Selenia already warped Xavax into something unlike the Xavax of Old. :P
If only you'd been around to keep us on the straight and narrow. ::)
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: December 12, 2017, 03:18:33 PM »
The other group actually believes the northern Xavax are betraying Selenia by not trying to build a strong new Xavax as she demanded. After all she refused just Krimml and refused to slave for Sirion.

So who's right and who's the traitor? Depends on who you ask.

Also yeah ever since Giselle and Garas Sirion has become obsessed with the word tritor it seems.

Aye. Plus, we made it clear we did not want to "redact" Selenia. Not is such a claim enforceable anyway.

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: December 12, 2017, 03:19:49 PM »
If only you'd been around to keep us on the straight and narrow. ::)

I was a little occupied at the time :P Glad the whole Phoenix Reborn shtick worked. Hook, line, and sinker.

Remember all those people saying they'd never tolerate Selenia as Xerarch? I wonder what happened to them :P

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: December 12, 2017, 04:05:25 PM »
I'd honestly quite like it if Selenia were to return once at least one of the Xavax's was established, only to then make her home in somewhere like Highmarch where she'd probably be able to argue convincingly that there was no justification for banning her :p

The you could have the two rival Xerarch's of the north and south suddenly dealing with the fact that the "True" Xerarch had returned and wasn't picking either of them :p

Vamking12

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: December 12, 2017, 04:12:45 PM »
The East Continent is honestly the best it's been in a while, so much is happening so fast, we're like the anti-colonies or whatever.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: December 12, 2017, 05:08:03 PM »
Well, logically, the lands of Caligus were once nominally part of the Greater Xavaxian empire, so the new realm in Fontan should be called North Xavax.

Then if the Sirionite Xavax ever get their own realm they could call it True Xavax.

So you'd end up with 'North Xavax' being to the south of the other Xavax. Should make the map interesting (confusing) ;)
So like how Eponllyn is a southern realm living way up north, after the glaciers?

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #68: December 12, 2017, 08:00:10 PM »
The you could have the two rival Xerarch's of the north and south suddenly dealing with the fact that the "True" Xerarch had returned and wasn't picking either of them :p

This could be a fun idea. Probably exhausting, but definitely fun. I don't think Selenia still has the cred to really pull that off, though. The Pall of defeat hangs over her like a heavy shroud. Whether self-imposed or otherwise, once a leader's been exiled it's rare they can ever come back for any reason.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: December 12, 2017, 10:05:38 PM »
Speaking as the player who's character is most likely to be in charge IF a "Northern Xavax" country came into being, seeing as he's Selenia's personally chosen heir and having heavy support by the most active and well known Xavax nobility and all, I'd most likely focus on making it like a crusader holding, like the State of the Teutonic Order (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_the_Teutonic_Order). The Full Name would be something like State of the Xavaxian Ash Walkers (with Xavaxian Ash Walkers as the informal name), ours is a holy crusade to see the Phoenix once again flying over our former borders by way of conquest against the despicable forces of Democracy! Etc. etc.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #70: December 12, 2017, 11:02:05 PM »
Etc. etc.

Abjur2020 - Why vote for a lesser evil?  ;D

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: December 13, 2017, 08:18:29 AM »
Xaligus is just a bit wierd. Are you really expecting that many Caligan refugees to come over to the NX immediately after being wiped out by them?

I have a fun feeling there'll end up being southern Xavax and northern Xavax, the difference being those who have deemed to have "sold out" to the south or were prepared to redact Selenia in exchange for Fontan. I don't doubt these two nations will have a vast difference in culture and may not get along as well as might be thought.

The word "traitor" is being flung around a lot in Sirion.

What about Xerachim/Xerachar for ruler names?
Who know what will happen when Caligus fall?

Caligus nobles may join NA realms like how former Xavax did. But then later if they have some cohesion left, they will bugger NA or SA for a new realm. Then here we go again? ::)

The other group actually believes the northern Xavax are betraying Selenia by not trying to build a strong new Xavax as she demanded. After all she refused just Krimml and refused to slave for Sirion.

So who's right and who's the traitor? Depends on who you ask.

Also yeah ever since Giselle and Garas Sirion has become obsessed with the word tritor it seems.
You know very well... who call who traitor and so on. Let the victor write the history, shall we? :P

If anything we're writing new chapters for the continent and laying the groundworks for lots of politics, intrigue, roleplays and fun. For that, I am thankful.
I like the new chapters.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: December 13, 2017, 10:37:56 AM »
I'd honestly quite like it if Selenia were to return once at least one of the Xavax's was established, only to then make her home in somewhere like Highmarch where she'd probably be able to argue convincingly that there was no justification for banning her :p

Love it. JV, let it be so!

North Xerarch, South Xerarch, and... Wait, Selenia?!?!

2nd, 3rd, and 4th Xerarchs - simultaneously. Oh lord. This is going to be amazing.

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: December 13, 2017, 10:38:56 AM »
Speaking as the player who's character is most likely to be in charge IF a "Northern Xavax" country came into being, seeing as he's Selenia's personally chosen heir and having heavy support by the most active and well known Xavax nobility and all, I'd most likely focus on making it like a crusader holding, like the State of the Teutonic Order (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_the_Teutonic_Order). The Full Name would be something like State of the Xavaxian Ash Walkers (with Xavaxian Ash Walkers as the informal name), ours is a holy crusade to see the Phoenix once again flying over our former borders by way of conquest against the despicable forces of Democracy! Etc. etc.

Careful, apparently Sirion's a democracy now *chuckle*

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: December 13, 2017, 11:17:29 AM »
Sirion is becoming a Democracy while I try to implant Republican seeds in Highmarch!?

And damn foxes trying to pierce my eyes!
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!