Author Topic: The New Xavax  (Read 38110 times)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The New Xavax
« Reply #90: December 15, 2017, 11:45:02 AM »
See, for example, the "Marry Sigrid to King <redacted>" movement that gained a majority of Xaxax votes semi-recently. It was a massive surprise to me as both a player and to Sigrid the character, who developed new beliefs and feelings from the aftermath.

And here I am, parachute falling into the middle of this marriage mess.

Whatever happened to that guy who would torture peasants and wear their faces as masks?

I believed that Dürion had been the first to do this in the final stages of the war against Westmoor.

Each with their unique strengths and weaknesses, visions and biases, geographies and infrastructure, and unique flavor of what it means to represent their beloved cultures.

Brasil, is that you!?
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: December 15, 2017, 04:35:52 PM »
(OOC discussion from earlier this week - food for thought)

"...While the Sirion-Xavax represent the late Xavax theocratic-imperialist ideology of Selenia, the southern/Fontan Xavax represent the earliest Xavax ideology of liberal meritocracy beneath the guidance of a Xerarch, welcoming foreign tongues and faiths of all who would embrace our culture and seed it with their own revitalizing creeds.

Compare it to the schism between imperial Britain/Spain/Portugal/France/etc and (pre/post-) colonial Americas; ancient and orthodox hebrew versus modern liberal israelites; the reformation and evolution of Christianity through Catholicism, Protestantism, Ethiopian Coptic and Mono/Miaphysites of ancient Abyssinia/Alexandria/etc, and other such epochal branches; or the schism of the East and West Roman Empires most of all.

Each with their unique strengths and weaknesses, visions and biases, geographies and infrastructure, and unique flavor of what it means to represent their beloved cultures.

This is what I've striven to create of Xavax since day one. Not a bloated, unified imperium as Selenia envisioned, but a Lurianesque federation of rival meritocratic city-states clinging to variations of Xavax culture that both define and defy their identities. Unified against external forces at times, yet incessantly feuding among themselves.

In a way, it may still come to pass. Regardless, this is fun!"

Food for thought.

South Xavax should adopt Highmarch's constitution as its own. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: December 15, 2017, 06:18:08 PM »
South Xavax should adopt Highmarch's constitution as its own.

Please, no... what a feast of referendums. As long as I admire the work and the effort to create something new and dynamic, this is a political nightmare. Add to that a lot of different Princes and factions within Xavax and all you have is nothing being done.
Serpentis again!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: December 15, 2017, 06:41:58 PM »
Please, no... what a feast of referendums. As long as I admire the work and the effort to create something new and dynamic, this is a political nightmare. Add to that a lot of different Princes and factions within Xavax and all you have is nothing being done.

Who needs to get anything done? Highmarch will have already done for you all that needs doing. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: December 15, 2017, 06:48:12 PM »
Yes, but there will still be a profusion of diferents referendums all the time... and Xavax as a people are too fragmented. They need a strong leadership to start well before they devour themselves.
Serpentis again!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: December 15, 2017, 07:27:15 PM »
Exactly, referendums let people fight it out in a non-destructive manner. ;)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: December 15, 2017, 07:30:03 PM »
And where's the fun???  ;D
Serpentis again!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: December 15, 2017, 07:59:05 PM »
And where's the fun???  ;D

ReferendumMaster! :D

Oooh... should totally think of an issue that requires a referendum just to allow a referendum on it.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #98: December 15, 2017, 11:48:46 PM »
(Distant rumbling....)
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: December 16, 2017, 06:09:36 AM »
I giveth thee a resounding hell-no.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: December 16, 2017, 09:00:09 PM »
Quite some discussion going on. Impressed.

We're making stuff happen and not only for ourselves. Waves hit all the shores.

If you want to be part of it all, you can. Let me know (Asher Renodin) ingame or message me on the forum.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #101: December 18, 2017, 11:38:59 PM »
Can I get a synopsis s'il vous plaît?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: December 19, 2017, 03:20:07 AM »
Prince Asher has been swayed by Governor Mathias' rhetoric and has decided to found the new Xavax as a democracy, using Highmarch's constitution.

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: December 19, 2017, 03:20:52 AM »
Lies, lies and slander!
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Anderfhstim

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: December 19, 2017, 03:32:34 AM »
Prince Asher has been swayed by Governor Mathias' rhetoric and has decided to found the new Xavax as a democracy, using Highmarch's constitution.

Fake News!