Author Topic: What's Minas Thalion like?  (Read 26306 times)

Will Bell

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: What's Minas Thalion like?
« Reply #15: February 07, 2012, 07:47:29 PM »
Ahh the jabs at Lukon from Lukon.  Valast I do enjoy playing this game with you.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: February 08, 2012, 01:42:36 PM »
Seeing the whole Lukon army battle against MT at MT own capital city. MT will not last long indeed, unless... unless something revolutionary happen, something totally unexpected  ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: February 08, 2012, 03:56:04 PM »
Like Valdrix and Anomalous recruiting hundreds of militia?  ;)

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: February 08, 2012, 09:55:01 PM »
Just funnel those Lukonian freaks to me... we will eat them alive!!!

"no!! we will destroy you MT skum!!!"

Now now... Lukons army is beaten... go home.

"We lost a battle!  but we have torn down your walls!"

Yep...its offical... I HAVE LOST MY MIND

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: February 09, 2012, 02:05:55 AM »
That's what makes it fun.  Too bad Anomalous is in prison missing the action.  Things were JUST heating up internally, and now he's lost his lordship and the means to backup his influence.

I wonder if the Horde exchanges prisoners.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: February 09, 2012, 06:03:38 AM »
Anomalous in prison alright, it depend on both realms Judges to work it out I guess.
I thought of seeing 1 Lukon noble captured by MT as well.
Judge has the function to Exchange Prisoner, eh no?  ???

Valast, you are freaky as usual  8)

Wondering how MT diplomacy can help to prevent MT demise at Lukon hand. Where's the allies when you need them? The very mention of Lukon name can send shiver down many people bones spines  :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

egamma

« Reply #21: February 10, 2012, 02:21:00 PM »
Wondering how MT diplomacy can help to prevent MT demise at Lukon hand. Where's the allies when you need them? The very mention of Lukon name can send shiver down many people bones spines  :P

The problem with allies is that second sentence right there.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: February 10, 2012, 04:59:09 PM »
 ;D

Valast had a lot to do with many many power turnovers, plots, wars, assignations... so that everyone would be where they are now.  Not trying to toot my own horn or anything like that...which is why he is spoken of in 3rd person... but it is true in this case.

Every time something changed in the game, Valast made sure he was on top of it.  If a war looked like it may end then he would let out a little information he had been holding back.  Or if he wanted to war with one realm he would make sure another war was started with realms that could come to the aid of his victim.

Always with a focus of keeping Oritolon busy, happy, and guarding the south so that Lukon could send its entire army north somewhere.  And the entire task was goal oriented to bring down every realm that had stood against Lukon in the early war against Portion.

OT was allowed to survive because Giblot was always too strong of a threat if left unopposed.   So why not let the two battle it out...provide a little aid to which ever side was loosing and keep it going.  Until OT was almost destroyed that is....then Valast took a more friendly direction with OT
(side note...  Giblot was aiding Lukon in the portion war.  Giblot gave the Hendrix family funds  for troops and for a palace in Lukon...and later chose to keep OT busy after they had raided Lukon and killed Valasts brother)

Free will was never detained by Valast of course...and he did not directly lie to anyone..errr ok not often.  But it is amazing what a little nudge here or there will provide.

Lukons troubles began when Alowca fell.  Without a direct enemy, Oritolon fell into its self bickering and fighting... rebellions... lies... hard to retain trust with each other with that much turn over.  Next Giblot tossed off its yolk.  That made things complicated for a while...unpredictable...uncontrollable.

But taking down Giblot has been a big big job.

Anyway... Valakyrie does not have the cunning her father did.  Her brother has it.  So while Lukon is still a beast...lead by beasts... it has lost some of it growl.   Fangs are still sharp and it will bite you... but in doing so it may leave its self exposed to the rest of the wolf pack.

Um...what that paragraph above means is that Valakyrie is not as successful as her father was in keeping other realms where Lukon needs them to be.  Assassins have a MT friendly ruler (not to mention a bad taste in its mouth after the whole Innocent/Wetham thing, which Ares caught wind of...lol that story is for another post I think)... Oritolon still does not remember her past strongly enough to respect Lukon (thus Lukon must resort to the same fear tactics used on other realms)... OT has become Lukons friend but no much is said between the two peoples, and Rak can never be controlled...yet always unpredictable.

MT has become a beacon of anti Lukon thinking... thus Lukon is fighting them now.   But MT continues to grow stronger in characters and influence.  If they had the money and land to back them they would stand a chance.  If they do not figure out how to get it though...well...then they will be scattered to the wind of a Lukonian fart.

egamma

« Reply #23: February 10, 2012, 08:35:20 PM »
I always assume that Lukon is friendly with OT because of the Lich King thing.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: February 11, 2012, 01:43:27 PM »
You make me miss Valast as a character. Seeing the latest scout report of Alebad city, unless Lukon and Oritolon combine force together, it will take sometime to send Minas Thalion into history book to be read by others  8)

Now if MT fall, where will you all scatter to? Whichever realms that accept MT nobles, by most account, will end up being part of history book if Lukon has its own way  ::)

Val, you are right about Oritolon. It falls into internal bickering when we do not have anybody, any direct enemy to contend with. And with MT gladly accepting about any kind of nobles into its ranks, Orit has found itself an enemy  :P

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: February 11, 2012, 05:39:45 PM »
Oritolon was mostly gutted by multi accers and OOC clans followed by a long period of peace that allowed incompetent elected officials to become entrenched with noobs electing and supporting noobs. There was no legitimate internal bickering. Put Spearhead or Actrial back in PM and I guarantee priest stomping will return.

Finding an enemy doesn't mean anything when the army is run by people who either give bad orders or no orders, with half of them sent out to 'secret missions'.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 05:48:08 PM by Kai »

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: February 11, 2012, 10:40:11 PM »
It does make me chuckle how badly Oritolon has done. We thought we were lions taking on lambs! I really hope Minas Thalion survives. They deserve it. Tbh, it doesn't seem all that much like she will fall. Whether or not Lukon is really intent on taking down Minas Thalon, they definitely appear organised enough to survive the onslaught. Maybe not forever and ever, but I do think Minas Thalion will be with us for a while yet.

The war between Oritolon and Mina Thalion will have to stop soon though. I reckon when all is said and done, Alowca will have gone rogue, all the southern regions will be in utter ruins and neither Oritolon or Minas Thalion will be strong enough to take Alowca for themselves. There will have to be an accommodation or agreement of some kind. That should be interesting.

Oritolon was mostly gutted by multi accers and OOC clans followed by a long period of peace that allowed incompetent elected officials to become entrenched with noobs electing and supporting noobs. There was no legitimate internal bickering. Put Spearhead or Actrial back in PM and I guarantee priest stomping will return.

Finding an enemy doesn't mean anything when the army is run by people who either give bad orders or no orders, with half of them sent out to 'secret missions'.

I'd bloody love it if Spearhead just came to life tomorrow, grabbed this war by the balls and just generally reinvigorated all of Oritolon. Doesn't seem like Actrial or Spearhead are actually that bothered any more though. Hard to believe they're the same people who overcame the theocracies.

Honestly, those guys ought to be paragons of what Oritolon stands for. They should be setting an example to everybody else, helping foster a decent, vibrant realm culture. Instead Spearhead is so quiet he might as well be dead and Actrial just sits back making snide remarks. Maybe if either of them stepped up and rose to the challenge, things would change for the better?

Either way, I don't think the war has done Oritolon any real harm. Oritolon had become stagnant and complacent. Minas Thalion were already biding their time to mug us of Alowca and on the evidence of this war, I think it unlikely we'd have lasted even this long against her if we'd been caught by surprise. But as you say anyway, we were on a downward curve. Oritolon had already become kind of a decrepit old husk with barely enough nobles to function. A period of reinvention and replenishing of nobles after the war will probably do Oritolon the world of good.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: February 13, 2012, 04:35:15 AM »

Yes, but can you blame the one mastermind behind the multi accer? He has a dream, a lofty dream indeed to reenergize the whole Oritolon realm. We have seen how active Oritolon realm can be, during the rebellion times. How many messages and planning efforts we put to work? How I miss the rebellion times and also the priests wars against Alowca and Alebad realms...  :'(

Put Spearhead and we may end up more quieter than before. Put Actrial, I agree we could be in for interesting times. Now the last election, we can see how the Oritolon realm votes divided between Actrial, Spearhead and Rhiannon  :P

Hey, we gotta get back to the topic, this topic is about MT  8)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: February 13, 2012, 04:40:07 AM »
It does make me chuckle how badly Oritolon has done. We thought we were lions taking on lambs! I really hope Minas Thalion survives. They deserve it. Tbh, it doesn't seem all that much like she will fall. Whether or not Lukon is really intent on taking down Minas Thalon, they definitely appear organised enough to survive the onslaught. Maybe not forever and ever, but I do think Minas Thalion will be with us for a while yet.
Haha... Oritolon is nothing, but unorganized realm at its worst declining moment. It is a wonder why Lukon still stick up beside Oritolon  ::)

Yes, Minas Thalion will be with us for a little while longer. I can see Lukon saw a bogeyman in MT. But then again, somebody has to balance OT against Giblot war  ;)

I'd bloody love it if Spearhead just came to life tomorrow, grabbed this war by the balls and just generally reinvigorated all of Oritolon. Doesn't seem like Actrial or Spearhead are actually that bothered any more though. Hard to believe they're the same people who overcame the theocracies.

Honestly, those guys ought to be paragons of what Oritolon stands for. They should be setting an example to everybody else, helping foster a decent, vibrant realm culture. Instead Spearhead is so quiet he might as well be dead and Actrial just sits back making snide remarks. Maybe if either of them stepped up and rose to the challenge, things would change for the better?
Hmm, it would be nice if Spearhead is actively participating like he was before. Unfortunately what he really care is his family home region, Windaria lordship. Which is why he could not win the Oritolon Ruler election on his own. The last Ruler election had 3 candidates; Actrial, Rhiannon and Spearhead. Your guess is as good as mine why Rhiannon keeps winning  ???

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: February 13, 2012, 11:24:37 AM »

It's impossible if you never get elected because the realm is full of noobs who've never known better.

Either way, I don't think the war has done Oritolon any real harm. Oritolon had become stagnant and complacent. Minas Thalion were already biding their time to mug us of Alowca and on the evidence of this war, I think it unlikely we'd have lasted even this long against her if we'd been caught by surprise. But as you say anyway, we were on a downward curve. Oritolon had already become kind of a decrepit old husk with barely enough nobles to function. A period of reinvention and replenishing of nobles after the war will probably do Oritolon the world of good.

Every single realm in the game is currently on a long term downward trend. You'll have to sink an island to get back to old playable densities. New estates would be nice too.

Hmm, it would be nice if Spearhead is actively participating like he was before. Unfortunately what he really care is his family home region, Windaria lordship. Which is why he could not win the Oritolon Ruler election on his own. The last Ruler election had 3 candidates; Actrial, Rhiannon and Spearhead. Your guess is as good as mine why Rhiannon keeps winning  ???

I was assuming you voted for her but from this did you actually vote Spearhead? Next time I think I might vote Spearhead then ask for General. Perhaps having votes split between two old candidates is bad.

I really thought she was a goner after offering 1k gold and 1k food for a ceasefire, but no one even batted an eyelid.

Bleh who needs to be elected. Time to start winning.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:54:07 AM by Kai »