Author Topic: A Legacy of Descriptions?  (Read 4863 times)

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
A Legacy of Descriptions?
« Topic Start: December 10, 2017, 01:38:40 PM »
So, some of you may be aware, I primarily work on M&F, but I've no problem sharing my efforts when I think there's a use for it. For instance, right now I'm working on a system for Might & Fealty to unify 90% of the game's future descriptive areas into a single place. Which, I know, I know, BM has had descriptions on things for a while. However, this will include the storage and maintenance of legacy descriptions for things, which means you can research them down the line to see what previous descriptions for an area were, who changed them, and when.

Fundamentally, for BM, this would put descriptions for characters, families, regions, guilds, guild houses, religions, temples, unique items, unit groups, etc., all on a single database table, all handled the same way, and for those that make sense to be researchable, have them be researchable.

At a basic level, BM and M&F are similar enough that the vast majority of my work on this for M&F can easily enough translate to BM, so once it works in M&F, minor changes are all that is needed for BM. This means the dev time should be relatively minimal.

The question is, is this something that BM would have an interest in having?

If so, what should be describable? And which of those should be a thing you can look into?
Like my programming? Become my patron!