Author Topic: A Legacy of Descriptions?  (Read 4937 times)

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
Re: A Legacy of Descriptions?
« Topic Start: December 10, 2017, 07:27:16 PM »
Yeah, that's occurred to me to. The main thing would be building the queries and Doctrine itself in order to make sure you pull the right world's data when editing things. Given how BM already calls particular Doctrine Entity Managers, I don't think that will be all the complex to work around though. I just call it the same way it's called in other places, and it should grab the correct one, as appropriate.

The other question is the structure of it all. M&F has clear structure on where different parts of code go. In M&F this code would be considered a service, as multiple other parts of the code would use and interact with it. Looking at BM, I think I have an idea where it'd go, but I might need some help with that.

It'll be written in such a way that if new things are added that need described, there isn't much work to do. First, you add the columns in the database with the proper associations. Second, you add the logic to the description manager itself so if it comes across that type of object class, it knows how to look it up (which should be as simple as copy+paste and a simple edit). And then you just call the functions as appropriate.

I guess the question is, really, what all should be describable?
Like my programming? Become my patron!