Author Topic: Extended Family - The Renodins  (Read 11025 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Extended Family - The Renodins
« Topic Start: December 14, 2017, 01:16:23 PM »
Hey there,

A phenomenon I came across multiple times during my stay in this game is where players used family names of other players in their characters. Like JeVondair did, Raina Eastersand JeVondair. It outlines, at times, an agreement or shared roleplay history between the players. Culminating in very dynamic and rich characters. Perhaps a marriage that led to children or indeed bastards rising to Nobility, you name it.

I've not seen any official forum post about this so I figured I'd make one.

My family, House Renodin, isn't the most famous or well know or wide spread family but I have done my share of role-playing, writing, politicking and you name it. I could imagine how other players might want to play a son or daughter of my dynasty. Close relative or indeed distant relative or relation. A forgotten son or some other offshoot.

Here it is then:

Offering to facilitate and work together with whomever wants to take part in this emergent game-play that the players of Battlemaster have invented. To whomever might want to add a Renodin to their personal family and work to create an even more intricate and more dynamic and even richer history and background. Not only for our characters but for other players to emerge in, here's your chance!

I'm happy to work out a shared History, reason and backstory as to why you'd have a Renodin mingled into your bloodlines. If this happens, whatever knowledge or shared agreement we have as players I will roleplay and use in my own. personal gameplay. That character will have familiar ties to my family from that point onwards with all that entails.

Of course, I invite other players to step forwards and join in on this feature that we, the playerbase, have invented.

Cheers!

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
Re: Extended Family - The Renodins
« Reply #1: December 14, 2017, 01:58:50 PM »
I'll join in with my next character. Not sure what/who they'll be, but it'll have to be totally different than the rest. Should probably make an amoral devil's advocate character at some point, offset my self-righteous goody-two-shoes. Regardless, it'll be a pleasure to mingle Aurui'in with Renodin blood.

May as well offer the Auru'in name to those who would like to be cousins of ours, as well. Cheers and happy RPing :)
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 14, 2017, 03:32:13 PM »
I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to a Renodin in my family as long as there was a Greyson in return.

Vamking12

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 14, 2017, 05:18:05 PM »
I'll make Reair open for all then, let's be one huge family.

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 14, 2017, 05:21:54 PM »
I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to a Renodin in my family as long as there was a Greyson in return.

I'm game. What are your thoughts?

I'll join in with my next character. Not sure what/who they'll be, but it'll have to be totally different than the rest. Should probably make an amoral devil's advocate character at some point, offset my self-righteous goody-two-shoes. Regardless, it'll be a pleasure to mingle Aurui'in with Renodin blood.

Let's work something out.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 14, 2017, 06:22:28 PM »
I'd be up for the idea but, sadly, even if Asher and Alfhelm got gay married I'm not sure the union would be likely to produce any offspring :p

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 14, 2017, 06:27:35 PM »
I'm not sure lol. I just know it would be amazing. Lets discuss ideas!

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 14, 2017, 06:33:37 PM »
I'd be up for the idea but, sadly, even if Asher and Alfhelm got gay married I'm not sure the union would be likely to produce any offspring :p

It wouldn't have to be with Asher. The Renodin family, like other Noble families is much larger than the characters we play in game. How else would you explain the new characters you create out of thin air hehe.

So, Antonine, if you want to make it work. You can make it work. If you want to discuss it in more detail, this branch or that branch. Distant cousin of this or that. Let's do that.

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 15, 2017, 04:16:04 PM »

To start this off a bit, I'll make suggestions and sketch scenario's for the various people who's responded positively. Everyone and anyone is welcome to pitch in and offer thoughts etc of course.

CryptCypher

I'll join in with my next character. Not sure what/who they'll be, but it'll have to be totally different than the rest. Should probably make an amoral devil's advocate character at some point, offset my self-righteous goody-two-shoes.

A bad guy or woman it is then. I've got three characters who were less than good..

Andrin Renodin

Courtier, bureaucrat and orator. Machiavellian, pragmatic, mean and at times, sinister. He traveled the continent of Atamara before migrating to the East Continent.Was part of at least 7 realms including the Caligan Empire and its vassals. Perdan, the middle EC realms and such. Could have left a trail of children. His paternal connection would likely be minimal but his character streaks could be hereditary. He is medium build, dark blond and on the side of slender in the face.

You could choose to be a direct descended / offspring of Andrin or a somewhat further removed relative.

-=-=-

Arnick Renodin

A Huge man belonging to an offshoot branch of the Renodin dynasty. The little brother of Astros Renodin. A hulking man that was truly malevolent. Reveling and relishing his physical superiority over anything and anyone he could torment. Prone to fits of rage and arguable a danger to anyone around him. A terrifying and terrible man. Said to have laughed in battle while cutting down his enemies and allies before him. Drinking their blood as it rained from above onto his face and tongue. That he often stuck out while in battle. A madman of destruction.

His life was ended by a member of the Gildre dynasty in a duel to the death.

Arnick would have gotten children where ever and whenever he felt like it. In good ways and in bad ways. If you feel you want any of the characteristics he has displayed or having such parentage, perhaps this is the char for you to be related to.

-=-=-=-

Astros Renodin

The bigger brother of Arnick. Less madman but what he didn't share with Arnick he made up in deviousness. Towering physique but deep down a cowardly man. Always making sure he is enjoying whatever advantage he perceives necessary. Happy to use whatever cause or creed to do whatever it is that he wants to. Fond of bullying people and making their lives miserable if it benefits him. An undeniable veneer of intelligence is seeded in him as well however that has prevented him from running headlong into his own demise.

There would be plenty of opportunity to be related to Astros. Mildly questionable transactions included.

Antonine

Alright, you didn't give much to go along with but let's see what we can do. Male / Female would a thing to consider. Which branch or part of the Renodin family would you like to be related to. Any character in particular? How would you want to tie into the grand scheme of family?

Aldrakar is a high profile character with equally important Sons. Asher Renodin on EC trying to establish a new Realm and Aldrakar II being raiesd at his father's side as eldest son. Aldrakar II is yet to be played and is an NPC at this point.

Then you have the Astros / Arnick part of the family.

Gomrin Renodin is a branch. A more wild, rugged but ultimately streaked with goodness sort. Gomrin lived in Thalmarking where he was a beserker of sorts who picked up many traits from animals by which he behaved and handled himself around people. Drunken stupors included.

Perhaps you want a more low key approach and be related to Tordan. A very successful adventurer. Distant blood relation. Member of the Royal Rangers on Dwilight.

Could write more but please, let me know what holds your fancy.

Bronnen

I'm not sure lol. I just know it would be amazing. Lets discuss ideas!

Alright, I've yet to play a female character. This seems as good a chance as any. What do you have on offer? What kind of family connections and potentials for parentage? Not sure what kind of personality I'd want a female character of mine to have but I'm certainly open to ideas and suggestions.

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: December 15, 2017, 05:02:17 PM »
Well, I've only got one female one right now, but I do have Josiah in Fronen. He's uh.... got a very illustrious past with the ladies as prince of Sartania, a duke of Cathay and now Duke of Fronen. It is in his history that he's left a trail of bastards around and has paid to keep them out of sight but educated.

My character lilith in D'Hara is currently going to be trying to claim back the divides for the Greyson family, having a brother or sister that would just show up and wants to share in the claim would be pretty neat.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: December 15, 2017, 05:46:29 PM »
All hail to Hector Serpentis Tandaros!

It wouldn't have to be with Asher.

Good. All around people are trying to steal my fianceé! Time to invest in some more incredible RPs!
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 19, 2017, 03:36:57 AM »
As someone who has a compound name, I despise them, and wouldn't plan on creating one.

That said, I've had my characters mingle with other families on a number of occasions. Sadly, all these people are gone.

I'd always be up for it anew if I ever saw an opportunity.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: December 19, 2017, 03:38:14 AM »

What's the saying, again, "your sister is HOT!"? ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: December 19, 2017, 07:51:33 AM »
Glaumring is 103 years old and looking for a wife.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: December 19, 2017, 04:28:57 PM »
Glaumring is 103 years old and looking for a wife.

Machiavel Chénier was, like, 50 years older than Selena Ironsides when he married her?

You gotta make a record! Find a young hen somewhere. :P