Author Topic: Extended Family - The Renodins  (Read 11180 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Extended Family - The Renodins
« Topic Start: December 14, 2017, 01:16:23 PM »
Hey there,

A phenomenon I came across multiple times during my stay in this game is where players used family names of other players in their characters. Like JeVondair did, Raina Eastersand JeVondair. It outlines, at times, an agreement or shared roleplay history between the players. Culminating in very dynamic and rich characters. Perhaps a marriage that led to children or indeed bastards rising to Nobility, you name it.

I've not seen any official forum post about this so I figured I'd make one.

My family, House Renodin, isn't the most famous or well know or wide spread family but I have done my share of role-playing, writing, politicking and you name it. I could imagine how other players might want to play a son or daughter of my dynasty. Close relative or indeed distant relative or relation. A forgotten son or some other offshoot.

Here it is then:

Offering to facilitate and work together with whomever wants to take part in this emergent game-play that the players of Battlemaster have invented. To whomever might want to add a Renodin to their personal family and work to create an even more intricate and more dynamic and even richer history and background. Not only for our characters but for other players to emerge in, here's your chance!

I'm happy to work out a shared History, reason and backstory as to why you'd have a Renodin mingled into your bloodlines. If this happens, whatever knowledge or shared agreement we have as players I will roleplay and use in my own. personal gameplay. That character will have familiar ties to my family from that point onwards with all that entails.

Of course, I invite other players to step forwards and join in on this feature that we, the playerbase, have invented.

Cheers!