BattleMaster > Development

Should Royal of Keplerstan be replaced by Prince of Keplerstan?

(1/3) > >>

Vita`:
This is something that has occasionally crossed my mind from time to time, yet have not developed any strong opinion upon. This vote is non-binding upon any decision and is merely to sample a portion of the community's opinion on the matter.

--
For newer players' awareness, Keplerstan and Evilstani are often used as example realm names in BattleMaster, much like cryptography has Bob and Alice.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Keplerstan

Wimpie:
I believe I'm not having enough background for this.

Where is 'Royal of' used exactly?

What use does this have?

Antonine:
Royal of [Realm] is a title given to all former rulers of a realm who ruled for a significant amount of time. It means you can't be banned by the judge and it's a higher ranking title than knight.

I'd be in favour of making it a realm government setting so realms can choose what the title says. For example, Royal of Highmarch doesn't make sense because it's a democracy, but Statesman of Highmarch would. Similarly, Prince of Luria Nova might make more sense than Royal of Luria Nova.

Chenier:
Not Prince for everyone, that's for sure.

But some alternatives to royal for non-monarchies? Could be fine if decent enough suggestions are made.

Wimpie:

--- Quote from: Antonine on December 19, 2017, 12:18:03 PM ---Royal of [Realm] is a title given to all former rulers of a realm who ruled for a significant amount of time. It means you can't be banned by the judge and it's a higher ranking title than knight.

--- End quote ---

Thank you, I'm very much aware of the functionality though.

What my question actually was, is Vita proposing some kind of naming-flexibility of the 'Royal' rank (which you proposed), or something else?

If so, I'm not against giving realm the choice of seeing how they would name their 'Royal'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version