Author Topic: Estate Improvements  (Read 10151 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Estate Improvements
« Topic Start: December 20, 2017, 06:04:24 PM »
I think what's been referred to is that when you're elected as a lord you vacate your old estate but don't automatically take up one in the region you're now lord of - and you're forced to wait a day to choose a new estate after having left your old one.

Ah, I see.

Well, automatically taking up an estate is pretty much a no-go. There's no guarantee there will even be an estate available, and if there is, the Lord might want to pick between the estates (or even change them!) rather than just being dumped into one.

I think we could probably remove the day-long block on taking up a new estate after you step down, though. That's there to prevent some kinds of abuse involving vacating and picking up estates many times in a turn, if I recall correctly.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan